Thread: Another n00b!

Another n00b!

Hello!

Yet another n00b that's just getting a start in hunting. I took my PAL/RPAL course a few years ago and just after that ended up separating then getting a divorce. Didn't want to go through the "fun" of trying to get my PAL while going through that so put it off for a few years.
    The years have been good to me since then, a job I love, a new city to live in that I also love (Victoria) and even better I've remarried to the person I definitely should have been with the whole time..
    I inherited a few guns when my father passed in 2011 and they've been in storage ever since.

A Cooey Model 75 - .22 bolt action

A .12 gauge pump by Savage Arms

A .12 gauge breech by Iver Johnson

I would've been the last to have fired the .22 and the pump and that would've been some time around 1985 or so. The .12 breech hadn't been fired since the early 1970's. My father in law helped me clean them all up and ensure that they were safe to use and for the first time in many years, I got to handle my father's firearms again.

There were a few tears shed by me on that day.

I've sent in the paperwork for my PAL/RPAL and in the meantime my father in law is keeping these in storage for me. Have already made plans to take the CORE and join the local fish and game club here. Been reading lots and lots on here and am drooling over a new rifle that I'm hoping will be in my future. (Tikka T3 in 30.06 left-handed)

Anyway, sorry for the long first post just wanted to stick my head in and say, Hi!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20161015_142420.jpg  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Another n00b!

Hi and good luck

Hi, new as well- got Tikka T3x n laminate/stainless, 30-06 + Leuplod scope 2 weeks ago; went to the range to sight in in-amazing rifle! You will love it!

I'll have to wait until after Christmas before I get mine but it doesn't stop the drooling. I've been in the shop a couple of times just to handle it a bit!
    I did just pick up a .22 to do some plinking with, a Savage Mark II, I'll likely take that out this weekend to do a little target shooting.

Welcome, make sure you guys spend time taking shots from positions you'd see in the field. Get off the bench and shoot standing up, kneeling, prone etc.

Great advice Fella! I plan on doing some shooting this weekend, I'll be sure to mix it up a bit!