Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need new insoles ... which ones?

Re: need new insoles ... which ones?

thanks for all the feedback guys, appreciate it!

Check out Sole footbeds, far superior to Super Feet, IMO. They come in various thicknesses, depending on your foot volume and application. The best feature is the stiff heal cup that keeps your foot bolted to your boot. I run them in my work and hiking boots.
    http://www.theinsolestore.com/sole-custom-insoles.html
    Last edited by RiverOtter; 11-15-2016 at 08:35 PM.

I'll second the recommendation of SOLE footbeds. They are moldable to your feet, easy process. I use the thicker ones in my hiking boots, excellent support.

I think i will have to try the SOLE insoles next. Do you guys know who sells them locally?

I just did an overnight hike to Greendrop with the Lowa Tibets and my feet were hurting again. No sore spots or blisters or anything like that ... just felt like the entire bottom of the boot was a steel plate..... Still disappointing since the hike to Greendrop is only 6km.

I had the Orange superfeet insoles in them and to be honest, they might have felt even a little bit worse than the stock ones. UGH. I never had this issue with my Meindls and their cork insoles.

Anyways .... Who carries the SOLE insoles locally that I can go and try out?

Thanks guys!

Depends where you call "Local"....haha

Red Top in Vernon BC has the best selection, but Fisher's hardware(Canada's Meindl dealer) also has a couple styles in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Depends where you call "Local"....haha

Red Top in Vernon BC has the best selection, but Fisher's hardware(Canada's Meindl dealer) also has a couple styles in stock.
    My bad ... i didn't realize it wasn't showing my location on here. I'm in the LML.

I think i'm also going to have to switch back to the old Meindls that never gave me any trouble and see how my feet feel in them. if i start feeling the same, i might be having plantar fasciitis .... that wouldn't be good.

I have the Sole ones in my tibets now. They're great!
    I did in the neighbourhood of 20km yesterday in them, and now that they're finally broken in (and they definitely weren't when I last posted about them, despite my comments) They are really comfy. They were not fun to get to where they are though.
    It's possible that they just aren't gonna work for you though, that's just boots!

Edited to add- bought mine at marks work wearhouse.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

If you have extended medical from work get custom made orthotics.mine were fully covered.just need a doctors note for sore feet.
    Sheep are not that tough. Grizzlies are. Grizzlies eat what sheep eat, plus they eat sheep

I had a pair of the Lowa Cevedale GTX's and experienced the same thing. Just plain old uncomfortable under foot.

......They fell apart after 4 months of use (heel seam ripped open on each boot allowing dirt and debris into the boot)......never again will I buy Lowa......it was like pulling teeth to get warranty on those things.

I have a very hard time finding footwear as I have slightly wide size 12/13 with slightly high arch.....For running shoes, Aasics are the only brand that seems to fit (at least in the shoes I try on for less than 200 bucks)....work boots these days have zero support...I am on my 3rd set of workboots with the same set of the superfoot green insoles and am amazed how comfy they still are....I will have to give the "SOLE" brand a try...one thing I heard mentioned on a previous thread about the hard type insoles is that they will cut through the lining on your expensive boots if you use them so be careful of that....