Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need new insoles ... which ones?

Re: need new insoles ... which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I have the Sole ones in my tibets now. They're great!
    I did in the neighbourhood of 20km yesterday in them, and now that they're finally broken in (and they definitely weren't when I last posted about them, despite my comments) They are really comfy. They were not fun to get to where they are though.
    It's possible that they just aren't gonna work for you though, that's just boots!

Edited to add- bought mine at marks work wearhouse.
    Which sole insoles do you have, exactly? They make quite a few models.

Yes, you might be right .... the boots just might not be for me. But that would be disappointing as they don't otherwise cause me blisters or anything like that .... just an unbearably hard sole to walk on.

I think custom orthodics or even the cork insoles from my Meindls won't work, unfortunately, as the Lowa Tibets are quite shallow. If i put customs in or the Meindl ones my heel would be up past the heel cup and that would lead to other kinds of issues. It's too bad the stock insole is as thin as it is in these boots.

I've been using custom insoles from Kintec for the last 10 years now. Superfeet were my go to, but there's nothing like a custom fit. Kintec films you walking on a treadmill (bare foot) to see if you have any specific adjustments that apply to each individual foot. Once you have custom footbeds made, you won't look back. I've torn my right plantar fascia on a hunt which is very painful and proper footbeds really help keep your feet supported. I'm using these in my Kenetrek boots without issue.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

have you tired a thicker sock with more cushion? If you don't have enough volume in the boot try a thinner insole with the thicker sock. As mentioned before the insoles that come in new boots are basically just for show and should be tossed out. Anytime ive bought new boots ive always put in a pair of orange or green super feet, and then usually have to try a few different socks to find which works best with that boot, and then stick with those specific socks with that boot.

Immediately tossed the ones that came in my grand drus, so far I'm very pleased with the superfeet greens.

Sole insoles are the only things that live in all my boots. I tried everything made out there because of my flat, hockey feet and they are the only ones that make my feet smile like a ripple in a bucket of swell. As for location, you can get them at Kinetic on Broadway and Alder or The Right Foot on 4th and Fir. I spend 10-12 hours in my work boots on concrete and they are pillows. So when hunting, walking around for hours is a breeze. Be careful about the thickness though. I'd suggest you bring your foot wear. They make 3 thicknesses, I personally use the thickest, because of my fallen arches, however try them. They have a 90 day tryout period where if you don't like them simply bring them back and get your money back. They last a long time as well, they don't pack out like superfeet either. One pair will out last 2 pairs of work boots for me. Also, they can be heated and moulded to your feet, however I like to plop them in and break them in with new boots and let them form that way to my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Which sole insoles do you have, exactly? They make quite a few models.

Yes, you might be right .... the boots just might not be for me. But that would be disappointing as they don't otherwise cause me blisters or anything like that .... just an unbearably hard sole to walk on.

I think custom orthodics or even the cork insoles from my Meindls won't work, unfortunately, as the Lowa Tibets are quite shallow. If i put customs in or the Meindl ones my heel would be up past the heel cup and that would lead to other kinds of issues. It's too bad the stock insole is as thin as it is in these boots.
    I don't know, there was only one option when I bougbt them.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    have you tired a thicker sock with more cushion? If you don't have enough volume in the boot try a thinner insole with the thicker sock. As mentioned before the insoles that come in new boots are basically just for show and should be tossed out. Anytime ive bought new boots ive always put in a pair of orange or green super feet, and then usually have to try a few different socks to find which works best with that boot, and then stick with those specific socks with that boot.
    Yeah, i generally go with thicker socks even in summer. I will try the Sole insoles and if that doesn't make it any better, i will just give up on them and maybe keep them around for as day-hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityrider View Post
    Sole insoles are the only things that live in all my boots. I tried everything made out there because of my flat, hockey feet and they are the only ones that make my feet smile like a ripple in a bucket of swell. As for location, you can get them at Kinetic on Broadway and Alder or The Right Foot on 4th and Fir. I spend 10-12 hours in my work boots on concrete and they are pillows. So when hunting, walking around for hours is a breeze. Be careful about the thickness though. I'd suggest you bring your foot wear. They make 3 thicknesses, I personally use the thickest, because of my fallen arches, however try them. They have a 90 day tryout period where if you don't like them simply bring them back and get your money back. They last a long time as well, they don't pack out like superfeet either. One pair will out last 2 pairs of work boots for me. Also, they can be heated and moulded to your feet, however I like to plop them in and break them in with new boots and let them form that way to my feet.
    Have you had any problems with the kintec insoles fitting in your boots? I have kintec orthotics that I keep in my running shoes but when I use them in my Meindl Alaskan Hunters, the orthotics are too narrow at the heel and slip side to side so I can't use them.

The "Black/Red" Soles are the thickest and what I prefer. However, depending on foot volume/boot volume, you may need the Red or Grey module.
    They also make nubuk leather topped ones with ventilation holes that work awesome in my Hanwag Alaskans.

Best advice is take your boots and hiking socks to a Sole dealer and figure it out in store.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    The "Black/Red" Soles are the thickest and what I prefer. However, depending on foot volume/boot volume, you may need the Red or Grey module.
    They also make nubuk leather topped ones with ventilation holes that work awesome in my Hanwag Alaskans.

Best advice is take your boots and hiking socks to a Sole dealer and figure it out in store.
    Ah, I pulled mine out to look for identifiers, and there's none to be found...but they are black and red!
    They are also still totally cushy, when the superfeet ones were flat in no time.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.