Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: need new insoles ... which ones?

need new insoles ... which ones?

After a few hrs in my new Lowa Tibet boots my heels feel like i've been walking on concrete barefoot. I might want to try aftermarket insoles to see if it solves the problem. Any recommendations? Superfeet seem to be popular, but even they make multiple models.

never had this problem with my Meindls i think their insoles with the cork on the bottom is infinitely better than whatever Lowas have in them ...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: need new insoles ... which ones?

I wore out the insoles in my hiking boots and immediately bought some Superfeet orange. Work great and feel great, I'm heavy at 230 lbs so needed the orange to put up with my weight. If you do go this route make sure you get the right size as they come in different lengths.

I like the "carbon" super feet, I had the orange ones but they squeaked! Drove me crazy. I found that my Tibets required a fair bit of a break in.
    KCCO

I can't give an insole recommendation because I never had that problem with my Tibets! I'd also suggest alittle more break in time; those high end mtn boots need it sometimes.

i thought about that too .... i've only had them since last month. But they only seem uncomfortable in the soles. Like i'm walking on concrete. I feel like everything else has begun to break in well. Did you have issues with a hard sole as well in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    i thought about that too .... i've only had them since last month. But they only seem uncomfortable in the soles. Like i'm walking on concrete. I feel like everything else has begun to break in well. Did you have issues with a hard sole as well in the beginning?
    Yes! I remember thinking my soles were tough so I had to ask some mtn hunters about it too. Maybe I've just got used to it but my Scarpa's were also hard, now both the Lowa and Scarpa's are as comfy as insulated crocs . The Lowa's really needed a good goat hunt to finish breaking in tho....

Bison wool

I have a pair of tibets and in the store trying them on, said to the guy that they felt great, except for the iron yard insoles. So I got a pair of the superfeet guide insoles. Camo pattern, cause you can never be too sneaky. One 20km hike and they are totally punched out. Zero cushion remaining in the contact areas. I do have really high arches though, so I always end up killing the heel and ball sections before any other part is worn. Either way, for $40, I'm not impressed.
    The boots are pretty comfy after 100km or so though!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

the insoles that come with these boots are junk, almost to the point of being comical...I use these insoles in my tibets, very comfortable

https://www.sofsole.com/product/Athlete
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

i second the Carbon super feet . they are the best i have ever used . and i have used them all .
    " Never tell me the Odds "