Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southern Alberta Mule Deer Success

Re: Southern Alberta Mule Deer Success

Great story and pics. I especially liked the one at sunset.
    Last edited by Bear Chaser; 11-12-2016 at 05:01 AM. Reason: More text

Congrats this post makes me miss Alberta

Careful leaving deer over night in southern Alberta we had bad luck with coyotes. On ranches would would rather work all night with a spotlight. Glad it turned out for you just giving a heads up. It could have been coyotes really hated us from the amount we shot and trapped lol

Congrats again, great buck and effort put in. I love that country and mule deer hunting in it is a great experience.

Fantastic Share!
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post

Careful leaving deer over night in southern Alberta we had bad luck with coyotes. On ranches would would rather work all night with a spotlight. Glad it turned out for you just giving a heads up. It could have been coyotes really hated us from the amount we shot and trapped lol

Definitely not my preferred plan but in this case I had no other option. I think leaving my sweaty clothes on the carcass and setting up my shooting stick with a bunch of rags tied to it to blow in the wind must have been what made the difference in this case, as they were in the immediate area.

I've since been told by a few land owners that if I was to bring my quad next time I would be allowed to use it to extract any downed animal, just not hunt off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Definitely not my preferred plan but in this case I had no other option. I think leaving my sweaty clothes on the carcass and setting up my shooting stick with a bunch of rags tied to it to blow in the wind must have been what made the difference in this case, as they were in the immediate area.

I've since been told by a few land owners that if I was to bring my quad next time I would be allowed to use it to extract any downed animal, just not hunt off of it.
    Sometimes you have to risk it and agree all the things you did before you left probably helped. Keep good relations with landowners is always a benefit. We had 1 that would load the deer up in his tractor and haul it to our truck for us. His wife hated the deer because they ate her flowers lol. We were always welcome because we were respectful

just passing it on worst part is they hit the hind 1/4 first.

If the NDP is voted out and economy improves I want to move back to Alberta. As long as the NDP is in power I will settle for northern BC lol

Great buck and story, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the great story, and that's a real nice buck.
    Used to be some nice mulies up here in the North Peace but they have all but disappeared.
    I am seriously thinking about going on a mule deer hunt to Alberta!

Solid buck there...congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Live to Hunt...

Sweet buck!! Just set up my WIN, this spring will be my first year of 999'ing. Excited to hunt Alberta muleys