Thread: Traditional bow hunters VI

Traditional bow hunters VI

Iam new to Vancouver island and bowhunting with traditional gear is my life. Looking for any like minded people that wanna get out stump shooting, scouting, hunting or anything that evolves outdoors with bow in hand. I live on south end of island and looking to explore of the island.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Traditional bow hunters VI

Lots of Traditional guys on the Island, Rod and Laura Taylor also who run the Traditional Bowhunters of BC are there too

Whereabouts are you, I can put you in touch with some folks (PM if you like)

The Courtenay F&G club is alive and well, lots of trad guys here including myself. Stump shooting is really fun, almost more fun than 3-D targets as it's new every time you go out. We did both yesterday shooting the odd stump as we walked to the next 3-D target. Today I just shot 3-D with a compound friend of mine. Come to our spring shoot in April and camp for the weekend, beautiful spot. I shoot almost any day I can get out. Cheers Roscoe

I have met many trad shooters on the island at the 3d shoots. The island really has a good archery following. Iam looking for a bowhunting partner in the Sooke area that would want to hike and scout new trails for next years hunting seasons.

I am new to the island as well and a trad addict. Living in courtenay if your ever coming up PM me and welcome.

Traditional archery is definitely on the rise. We see it at the larger shoots for sure. It's great to see. Most hunters in our group are hunting with the longbow this year.

I am in Cumberland, shooting self bows mostly. Like packing it in the bush for hunting too. Stump shooting is my preferred recreation.
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

I'm just down in Langford and always up to hit the bush when i'm free (i have a sidekick every other weekend that has a hard time sitting still) send me a PMany time you're thinking of heading out.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Traditional archery is definitely on the rise. We see it at the larger shoots for sure. It's great to see. Most hunters in our group are hunting with the longbow this year.
    Would agree even myself I have basicly put down my compound for my recurve do to the simplicity of trad gear.

I think as compound tech has increased more have become intrigued by how basic trad gear is in comparison

Down side when my shooting sucks I don't have the excuse my sights might be out with trad lol