Thread: Mojos and geese

Mojos and geese

I started hunting a new field for geese no lack of birds. Most places I have hunted are not that great for geese but this field is where they want to be.

The thing I noticed is the geese seemed to flare from my Mojos is this common or is it most likely something else?

Still figuring this waterfowl thing out ducks I seemed to understand but this is the first time I have a location for geese where they want to land and feed in good numbers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mojos and geese

Turn off the mojo when working geese

No remote on mine I assume this is a common issue. Just trying to narrow down my issue.

Field is about 50 to 1 geese vs ducks so may just leave Mojos at home next go

Yup leave that sucker at home for now

I use a mojo in the field for geese/ducks but I use it in conjunction with flagging. Often times will set it right beside my blind and switch it off when birds start to commit (I don't like it for geese either and no remote).

In the off times when ducks sneak in on you and end up in your lap when you aren't paying attention, it works great as well to keep it running when you aren't working geese.

For some unknown reason, geese just don't like the extra motion that the Mojo's add to the spread. Ducks love 'em, geese hate 'em. If you're primarily after geese, leave the Mojo's at home. Spread your decoys out in a natural pattern, not too close to each other, don't go too heavy on the calling, and they will come right in with their feet down and their wings back. Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck.

Thanks will leave the mojo in the blind till I am done with geese or they bug out.

My opinion is geese move a lot slower then ducks and can tell that those spinning wings aren't good. If you are hunting a field that is mostly geese leave the robo at home. no point in totally screwing up your goose hunt to kill a few ducks.

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    My opinion is geese move a lot slower then ducks and can tell that those spinning wings aren't good. If you are hunting a field that is mostly geese leave the robo at home. no point in totally screwing up your goose hunt to kill a few ducks.

Lorne
    I am letting the ducks pass till the geese bug out to the lake. Best place I have for geese so I agree no point screwing it up on ducks

Need to find more locations for next season but getting close to the end of the season up here in regions 6/7. Best I play nice with what locations I have for this season

Im set up right now and usually ill turn off the lucky duck (with remote) when the geese are coming.. but this morning i damn near blew ones head clean off as it landed just about on top of the spinner.. its at random i guess.. but much safer to turn it off for geese