Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone glacier packs

Re: Stone glacier packs

I bought the Sky Talus 6900 prior to this season. Couldn't be happier, super comfortable pack.

Awosme thanks for all the great input guys makes my search for a new pack easier!

Im also using a talus 6900. I could do 14 days easy with it. I used it for big trips like that and I also use it as a day pack. It folds up so great that you would never know its 6900ci. Center zip is great. 65mm Vortex razor HD (straight) would not fit in the side pockets, so I just keep it right under the center zip. Quick easy access. I couldnt be happier with it. Customer service is top notch, Kurt and Pete are great. I have zero wear after a year of heavy use so far.

I see they've dropped the terminus from their lineup. Newer models with the centre zipper access looks to be an excellent improvement. Can't go wrong!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

If I were in the market the only packs I'd be really interested in other than the stone glacier would be the seek outside packs.... they look pretty cool but I haven't seen a ton of reviews on them.

SG is supposed to be releasing new stuff in January, i know theyve been testing a new frame too. Exciting stuff coming up from them i bet.

I can't say which is "best" as I have not actually USED every one of the packs mentioned, however, I have only 3 packs left as I have sold my others due to age and health. I have an original Dana Design-Bozeman Shortbed modded as a frame pack for meat, a Mystery Ranch, Deluxe as my emerg. pack for non-hunting travels and my Seek Outside Divide MC I bought spring, 2015.

I now use it for such hunting as I am physically capable of, yesterday for example and I will say that IF I were to buy another pack, a larger one or two for mountain backpack and snowshow camping, SO would by my choice.

Incredibly light, tough, simple design and the best waistbelt I have yet used. I would buy their latest large frame and there are several bags of different sizes which one can interchange. Check them out.

Bump. Had a break in and I am replacing my pack directly through SG as Precision Optics has an order backed up at the border. Since it’s American made, there shouldn’t be any duties associated with it? Anyone have issues with this?
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Bump. Had a break in and I am replacing my pack directly through SG as Precision Optics has an order backed up at the border. Since it’s American made, there shouldn’t be any duties associated with it? Anyone have issues with this?
    I purchased my SG pack from precision optics Omer is top-notch

What's the advantage of going through precision optics? Isnt it just more expensive that way, considering that SG sells direct?