Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about CORE Examination in Kelowna

Question about CORE Examination in Kelowna

Hello everyone ,
    I'm just curious about getting my CORE Examination done in kelowna. I have purchased the CORE handbook and currently reading thru it several times to study information. I'm just wondering where I go to pass a test exam when I'm ready ? Is there contact info on bcwf website for people who do testing in my area? Any info would be appreciated , I feel as if I probly just missed something when searching for info myself. thank you in advance
    A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be. Fred Bear

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Question about CORE Examination in Kelowna

Hey, there's a link at the top of the page to a pdf that has a list of all examiners in BC. http://bcwf.net/index.php/core-sub-2
    I believe kelowna firearms training on Springfield does core as well as pal.

I'm not sure if you can challenge CORE anymore, I believe you need a certain amount of hours in a classroom.
    Look up Chuck Hardy, he's in Kelowna and does PAL/RPAL/CORE from his home.

I might be wrong but I believe that he meant where to take the exam and handling test to pass the core not that he necessarily wanted to challenge it.

You can still challenge the CORE.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

If you can provide your Course Report from your PAL class (assuming you have your PAL already ..) you won't need to do the practical handling portion of the CORE test. There is still a written section on the test for firearms though.

Quote Originally Posted by JPlett2044 View Post
    I might be wrong but I believe that he meant where to take the exam and handling test to pass the core not that he necessarily wanted to challenge it.
    if you take the test, without taking the course.. thats a challenge.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Thank you I will look into this . Thank you all for responses I appreciate it a lot
    A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be. Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    if you take the test, without taking the course.. thats a challenge.
    I have CORE safety and regulations synopsis. Would you recommend taking course ? I was gonna self study and then try test .

I just completed the online CORE training and challenged the test in west kelowna, i had no issues with it...92%!!