Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Small duck hunting dog breeds

Re: Small duck hunting dog breeds

As with any breed just be sure all appropriate health testing has been done
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    As with any breed just be sure all appropriate health testing has been done
    Good advice for anyone who is looking for a new pup

Both breeders do health testing on the pups. It seems the small Munsterlander club has strict health guide line for the adults being bred as well

I have been breeding, training and shooting over them for 30 years and agree with you 100% these little dogs from good solid hunting stock are unstoppable in all areas of upland and waterfowl gunning.
    I've heard people say they're an upland dog. But my guy, you should have seen his water entry. As good or better than any lab. I actually thought I was going to loose him one time as he got out on the ice and broke through, but then started breaking the ice all the way to the bird. He also never seemed to get tangled up in the decoys. I'm not sure if that's a problem with dogs. But he'd swim in between them and never disturb the deces. Miss that guy.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

I have been breeding, training and shooting over them for 30 years and agree with you 100% these little dogs from good solid hunting stock are unstoppable in all areas of upland and waterfowl gunning.
    I'm a little late to this thread but did PM the OP at the start about one breed that we have and are familiar with.
    My Sister and Brother In Law bred Springers for many years, I think they started @ 40 years ago in the Fraser Valley.
    Wonderful dogs. Our young Daughter spent a lot of time at her Auntie's place when she was quite young playing with and helping out with the dogs, probably why she ended up working @ a Vet's Office and now as an Animal Technologist.
    Sister and BIL later shifted to a large Canadian breed for many years then as they aged and couldn't handle the big dogs they moved to a small, disgusting rug dog breed.
    The Springers were great, if they had still been breeding them when we moved into the dog world we likely would be Springer owners now.