Thread: seek outside packs?

seek outside packs?

anyone had any experience with seek outside packs? They are waterproof not just water resistance. They seem pretty good.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: seek outside packs?

Yes.

They are OUTSTANDING and were I younger, I would buy 3 more.

THE BEST folks to deal with that I have EVER dealt with in 50+ years of buying and using gear.

Where can you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    Yes.

They are OUTSTANDING and were I younger, I would buy 3 more.

THE BEST folks to deal with that I have EVER dealt with in 50+ years of buying and using gear.
    better then kifaru?

They sell factory direct so search seekoutside packs and will come up with a website. everything is made in the usa so no duty.

I have one and really like it.Very comfortable and no hip slippage.The pack material is waterproof and if you seam seal the seams very waterproof.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by casper359 View Post
    better then kifaru?

They sell factory direct so search seekoutside packs and will come up with a website. everything is made in the usa so no duty.
    I am not much of a fan of Kifaru, for very good reasons and based on ownership of a LOT of their gear. I much prefer SO gear to about any of it's type I have used in decades.

It is LIGHT, seems very tough and simple which I prefer. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I have one and really like it.Very comfortable and no hip slippage.The pack material is waterproof and if you seam seal the seams very waterproof.
    how loud is the material as u move? similar to a dry bag or a tarp?

I am not much of a fan of Kifaru, for very good reasons and based on ownership of a LOT of their gear. I much prefer SO gear to about any of it's type I have used in decades.

I have never used or seen kifaru stuff. lots love it and swear by it. I was thinking of drinking the kifaru coolaide until i found seek outside. i have had many different packs. more then i wish to say. been chasing the dragon on comfort( which i fixed by going to a chiroprator) and usefulness. waterproofness has always been the one thing that they fall down on. even rain flys fail. usually the old trusty black garbage bag gets called into duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    how loud is the material as u move? similar to a dry bag or a tarp?

I have never used or seen kifaru stuff. lots love it and swear by it. I was thinking of drinking the kifaru coolaide until i found seek outside. i have had many different packs. more then i wish to say. been chasing the dragon on comfort( which i fixed by going to a chiroprator) and usefulness. waterproofness has always been the one thing that they fall down on. even rain flys fail. usually the old trusty black garbage bag gets called into duty.