Thread: Region 8-1, 8-9 turkey

Region 8-1, 8-9 turkey

I'm head out Nov 5-6 to hunt in region 8-1 or 8-9 hoping to put some meat in the freezer seeing how last year and this year have been a bust for me so far. Has anyone had any luck or seen turkeys this late in the year in these areas. Do they answer calls? (Shock, cluck, personal ect) I know where to find deer but these birds just seem to get the better of me every time. I finally found a good spot near rock Creek for them but lost it to the big fire a couple years ago. Looking for help any would be appreciated. I've never asked on here before I usually try and help others but this time I'm hoping someone can point me in a direction of a feathered co-pilot home.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Region 8-1, 8-9 turkey

morning . Spent last week in the koots and the place we saw turkeys was on the highway 3 area around the west side of salmo all on private property . All hens and were quite wary of us when I pulled over with my camera to get some pics . Small flocks of a dozen or so .
    Good luck
    Cliff
    venture forth , and find more fun !

Re: Region 8-1, 8-9 turkey

We have a turkey crossing sign in Castlegar. Always see a bunch on the road between Castlegar and Trail.