Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pasayten Valley

Re: Pasayten Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    Getting back to the thread about the pasayten valley.

anyone see predators around here? Was thinking in winter time trying out for cats
    Lots of little kitties in there would not be my top choice but worth a shot

The deer dont winter in there they pass thru and winter south east .No drop off's .No sign sledding in the late winter

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    The deer dont winter in there they pass thru and winter south east .No drop off's .No sign sledding in the late winter
    Been wondering about this myself. Do you know much about their migrating patterns in the area? When the migration takes place?

I spent a couple days in there and didn't see a whole lot of Rut sign (rubs) but game trails are definitely there. Wonder if they pack it out of there even before the Rut?

They are there into nov rutting, I usually see a buck or two when I go and hike around, the tracks I followed two days ago crossed at least one or two other sets of what I suspect were bucks, and my track lead to a buck, but not the one I was following. I do have th advantage of hunting during the week and never on weekends so I never see people and I always hike at least 10km. Also one moose in there for sure.

it is a hard area to hunt though the deer like the steep stuff in that neck of the woods and they move a lot

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Been wondering about this myself. Do you know much about their migrating patterns in the area? When the migration takes place?

I spent a couple days in there and didn't see a whole lot of Rut sign (rubs) but game trails are definitely there. Wonder if they pack it out of there even before the Rut?

SE to cathedral/ashnola? Those valleys towards okanagan?

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post

the memorial in the river was put there by my family and I for my father. He was an advide outdoorsman and hunter that loved this valley. We have been going there for thirty plus years ,when you used to access it through the mill as there was no rd in off the hwy. if someone could let me no how the memorial is that would be greatly appreciated. The deer definitely head out of the valley usually in October. There use to be signs in there stating that it was a moose wintering area. It’s definitely not as good as it use to be but there is still an abundance of wildlife in there.early September hunts in the alpines have produced some pretty nice deer for me and my dad. Cheers
    Last edited by silvertipp; 10-21-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    the memorial in the river was put there by my family and I for my father. He was an advide outdoorsman and hunter that loved this valley. We have been going there for thirty plus years ,when you used to access it through the mill as there was no rd in off the hwy. if someone could let me no how the memorial is that would be greatly appreciated. The deer definitely head out of the valley usually in October. There use to be signs in there stating that it was a moose wintering area. It’s definitely not as good as it use to be but there is still an abundance of wildlife in there.early September hunts in the alpines have produced some pretty nice deer for me and my dad. Cheers
    Consider posting some stories. The hunting back in those days around that area must have been amazing. I can only imagine how many more deer must have been running around that alpine back in those days.

silvertip is that the memorial on the tree ,right where you go down the bank into the riverbed.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

No it’s about 17 klm in. In the river
    high water damaged it but patched it up in july

ok I will keep an eye on it when were up there camping
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.