Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pasayten Valley

Re: Pasayten Valley

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Have other big deer come out of tunkwa? Wouldn't have figured Tunkwa for a trophy buck destination!
    It's hard to know where some of these bucks were taken to be honest.
    I ran into some guys down in CC, who were hunting with a fellow from Kamloops, and they showed me the pics of
    these 2 massive bucks that they saw while fueling up in Savana.
    They weren't sure exactly, and I doubt the actual hunter were going to say.
    There was speculation they cam out of Aschroft?
    But then this season, while up in the EK, I met another fellow from Kamy, who started to show me pics, and there on
    his iPhone, were these same bucks again (different photos).
    He was surprised that I knew of these 2 bucks, and told him they were taken last year.
    Talking to him, he said his understanding was they came from Tunkwa area.
    He said there are lots of big bucks out there, but, you do got to get away, a long way away from the roads.
    But then again, he hunts above Kamloops lake...so....take from it what you want.
    Those bucks no longer exist....
    But, it just shows everyone that the days of monster bucks aren't over.
    They do exist, and believe me, I was surprised, considering all the access we have in the province with logging roads etc.
    You just never know where the next one is....
    Will it be Lyton? Gang Ranch? Merrit? Kelowna? Kettle Valley?....
    But, they do exist, and I guess you can look at it this way....the gene's are still there potentially to have big bucks...

Any things possible. There was a pic a few years back od a really nice whitetail swimming in tunkwa lake. I mean really nice! But I've hunted the Tunkwa area (based out of mile high) every year for the past 5-6 years as my father likes to stay in the cabins there for a few days.

There's really not a lot of spots where one can "get away". As there are so many roads everywhere. Certainly not possible to hike in for hours and be really remote, where one would think these elusive 200" bucks hide.

Combine that with the hunting pressure it just doesn't seem like a recipe for 200" buck habitat. Then again I've never shot one that big so what do I know. Lol. But my money would be somewhere else other than Tunkwa.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

When there’s lots of pressure in an area local bucks just don’t grow big but the odd big transient buck during the rut can be shot anywhere !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Like I said, I take what people say with a grain of salt.
    What I know is fact, these bucks were sitting at a station in Savano.
    The hunters were from Kamloops (someone on here is probably reading this, and knows of these bucks...lol)
    Yes, on could say they could have come from anywhere, Clinton, Gang etc......
    But, from what I gathered, they were taken "relatively close by"...in this case.
    Yes, Tunkwa and all that traffic in there is high, so, yes, it would surprise me as well.
    But, if you look at google/bing maps.....you might be surprised at some pockets that don't have as much vehicle access.
    Now days, it seems you have to hunt "above farmers fields", in legal areas of course, and wait for them coming and
    going, to and from their bedding areas

When the pressure is on .... pre-rut, don't waste your time doing what everyone else is doing.
    Ease into those dirty difficult holes, be patient, stay the night if you have to, hunt alone. Be prepared to work for those big grinders.
    Rut is a different story .....

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    F*** me....someone destroying/vandalizing someone a "memorial"!?
    Come guys, if someone on here knows about that, or was responsible for that, you should give your head a shake....
    Thats just as "low as one can get" in life.
    As for the Moose....that's sad as well......
    That is becoming a common theme around the province (finding shit like that around cache creek as well).
    I am starting to pay attention to vehicles in the area now because of that....just in case.
    Not saying the trucks I see are responsible, but, if a shot is fired w/truck near by, and later I come across game that
    is left like that, then atleast I have something to offer to the CO's to look into atleast.
    Makes you wonder about some people for sure.....not why we are out there for, not the right experience one is
    looking to have or come across.
    Ethical and successful hunting for sure.....leave the bs behind.
    The base of the memorial is a 3ft by 3ft concrete pad that has the words "if this has been damaged please call this number" I called and left a message but no reply.
    Hunting the promised land

Anywhere in region 3 can produce monsters. Just have to find them. I'm sure a lot go their whole life mostly unseen and missed by hunters

Heck as far as pics and such go I know people that don't even post pics on hunting forums that will go out there way to take super misleading pics of animals! Heck I shot a really large bodied 2x2 years ago up Harrison way but took a pic of it at the gas station on Sylvester Rd just to put the gears to a couple of buds. Just as some look at other people's pics to find land marks others will deliberately have landmarks in pics that are a red herring....

Getting back to the thread about the pasayten valley.

anyone see predators around here? Was thinking in winter time trying out for cats

I get lots of cat and coyote action on my game cameras close to there
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.