Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pasayten Valley

Pasayten Valley

Heading down Eastgate/Pasayten Valley for mulies on Wednesday. Anyone care to join?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pasayten Valley

I'm thinking about making a trip up there this weekend. How was it? My old man said it was good hunting but that's back years ago now.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Years back used to be ok in there but to many ATV riding in the Apline has ruined the area, was always better early Sept, never any luck in there past the end of Sept.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hunted it often years ago ....
    Busy spot now.

Wow.... If it's busy now compared to 15 or 20 years ago, that's crazy. The one opening morning I'm sure I heard no less than 30 shots in the matter of an hour or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Hunted it often years ago ....
    Busy spot now.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

I went there on Oct 26-30. Below is map of where I poked around. I camped at the site right after 1st bridge at km19, nice spot, by the river. Weekend was definitely a lot more people. Also, two or there vehicles in No Motorized Vehicle Zone, which kind of very annoying. For myself, I did not see any bucks. Saw a lot of signs closer to the top of the hills. In three spots, very fresh - but no luck for me. Also, I did not have a spotting scope, so my ability to glass hills across was limited.

Overall, I enjoyed it, even though no score.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture - Copy.jpg 
Views:	2517 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	6076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture - Copy.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	6075  

Observe, record, and report.

Quote Originally Posted by evgeny View Post
    Also, two or there vehicles in No Motorized Vehicle Zone, which kind of very annoying.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

All I am going to say is you drove past the deer in my opinion and I hunted timber bucks where spotter is no good

best spots I found in that area are really easy to drive past and every buck was dragged up hill

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    All I am going to say is you drove past the deer in my opinion and I hunted timber bucks where spotter is no good

best spots I found in that area are really easy to drive past and every buck was dragged up hill
    Bingo ! ......

I too have been hunting the same roads you are hunting this season and I actually was hunting the same spots the same days I was parked down the road from you, assuming you were in the darker truck with camper? Parked Just before where you hiked up the yellow line.

Anyways lots of action up there i camped in that blizzard on Wednesday night it was howling all night but my hammock rocked me to sleep. Then hunted around the hills for a while a billion grouse, lots of sign just not right spot right time, next year for that area for me, but I'm confident on a big one from the pasayten river

Did you see the wolf tracks a duo of dogs for 5km in the sand

I didn't seal the deal there in 8-4 this season for deer moose elk, heading to kamloops now for a week to do that

have seen wildlife all season down there, good predator population heading back dec for cats and a camp out.

Saw bears everytrip I made this year

it was annoying yes every trip I made this year there had been previous 4x4 tracks in motor closure area days prior to me being there
    Last edited by Steelpulse; 11-08-2016 at 12:52 AM.