Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meat Grinder

Re: Meat Grinder

When I was in the market for a grinder I went to stuffers as well. At that time, 6 months ago or so, their LEM grinders were not the newest and greatest BIG BITE series. I believe that is why the price was/is so good. Trying to get rid of old stock. The difference in the BIG BITE being the auger configuration. I ended up ordering the LEM model #32 online. The new version was actually cheaper then what stuffers was selling old model for. As fast as you can throw the meat in there and no worries about over heating like some other brands where you have to stop and let cool down. If you choose an LEM get the foot pedal. Worth every penny.

I've got a 1 hp from peavey mart. Had it for a 5 years now and it has done a minimum of 3 animals per year. This year it's working on its 3rd critter of the year with hopefully another 3 more forecast for it. The only problem I've had is when my cutting shack is a little on the cold side and the grease or oil inside it is a little stiff. 10 mins with the electric heater blowing on it cures it.

Id get at least a 1 hp. The feed spout is bigger which seems to help when doing the double grind.

Too bad your so far..I would have loaned you my set up...
    Good luck whatever you get..
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Those LEM devices at Stuffers look damn good.
    YES I HAVE ONE 800$ 10 years ago as then it was the only place to buy a good one

ive got a #12 LEM... nothing but issues with it plugging and mushing meat. wish i had bought the old hobart from my boss when he closed up shop.
    half the people in this world are below average intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    ive got a #12 WA rM... nothing but issues with it plugging and mushing meat. wish i had bought the old hobart from my boss when he closed up shop.
    May I try and help you..with plugging and mused meat..

Buy new blade with new plate..course grind holes on that plate..keep them together forever and always use them together.
    Buy a new blade with new plate..medium grind holes on that plate..keep them also together and only use them together.
    Try and be somewhat consistent with cutting gristle. .silver skin. .tendons etc..out.
    Cube to generally same size chunks,,, cubes.
    Now place the course plate and blade together, medium plate and knife together, along with the auger, and the large faceplate that holds plates knives in.on my Cabelas the body..not the hopper tub, nor motor..but parts I mentioned go in FREEZER over night..next day put cubed meat in trays in freezer till they firm up plenty.
    Set up machine run course set up the n run pork or beef fat through..mix in tub or mixer to mix fat in equally and evenly..now run it through again this time with your matched knife and medium plate.

Perfect results, consistently mixing..the cold allows things to be GROUND THROUGH AUGER. .KNIFES AND PLATE.
    KEEP THE TENSION TIGHT SO KNIFES AND PLATE WORK BEST.
    Cabelas now sells cool packs for outside machine and around area of knives plates.that cold overnight of cutting equip and 5 hours of meat getting cold in FREEZER.
    THAT IS SECRET of grinding without warming up meat to mush, too much silver skin. .and poor already a low in the protein to start reacting. .
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    YES I HAVE ONE 800$ 10 years ago as then it was the only place to buy a good one
    TOR- LEY from Halliford meat 14 years ago

Phil it is called lem ......great grinder i have done over 3000 pounds through mine

Recently got one of them new cabela carnivore 3/4 hp grinders- cant wait to try it out- very heavy- has a lil drawer on bottom for things as well.

okas, don't you mean Tor-Roy, I got mine from Halfords about 8 years ago...
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680