Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat Grinder

Re: Meat Grinder

I use my grandparents old old oster grinder. Little electric thing. Worked great on the little blacktails. Shot a moose this year and had 75 lbs of burger to make. All I gad to do was sharpen the blades and it chewed through the meat in no time. Was quite happy with it.

Cool Re: Meat Grinder

My partner and I went through four or five of the lower end models when we started off. All of them failed in relatively short order. The last 2 were Cuisinart branded versions of the Cabela's one you are looking at. Both had drive failures within a short period of use.

If you are looking for something that will see but very little & gentle use, that one may suffice.

We eventually went with Cabela's Commercial 1 HP Stainless Grinder. It has consumed a LOT of product, and kicked out a LOT of sausage without a single hiccup since we got it a couple years back now. Highly Recommended!
    As others have noted, Buy Once. This one will outlast you.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

This is the 3rd deer thru this machine, plus a whack of bread and pizza dough. I'll stick with this one.

Kitchen sink is probably one of the dirtiest things in your house don't think I would grind meat in it.

I did clean it well beforehand.

Cleaned good it is a fine container. .when i took my sausage making course it was mentioned..
    Looks delicious
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Just got word from caddisgirl that she plans on buying a meat ginder while I am out hunting this weekend. I guess she is optomistic I will be coming home with something this time lol ... hope she likes grouse burgers We've always just used a hand grinder, but the convenience of an electric grinder does seem appealing.

Anyway, it sounds like she is planning to check out Cabelas. I was wondering if anyone has tried the "Cabela's Heavy-Duty Grinder" and whether not it is any good, though anny insight into other models is appreciated too.

We aren't looking to grind up dozens of pounds in a day, but maybe a couple pounds when we feel like making burgers or 10-15lbs whenever we bring home an animal.

Caddis - just got a VIP event invitation in the mail, so you may get this at 20% pretty soon. Might save a few pennies if you wait for the event?

P.S. Those grinders look awesome - I want one too.

I have that one your looking at. Works great....have ground 75 pounds in one go. I find the key to is to cube the meat so there's no long strings of silver skin or anything to wrap around and bind up the cutter. The sausage tube does work but is not easiest to operate, best to use a stuffer unit.
    You don't have to worry about cubing or long strings of silver skin if you step up in quality and get one of the carnivore lines of grinder. I got the 3/4 hp grinder (pre carnivore version) and it goes through everything I have put through it without complaining at all. The sausage stuffer works really well if you do a fine grind. Lots of steel in the motor itself which you can't say for any grinder that weighs only 9 1/2 lbs

Ive got an LEM big bite #8, and I absolutely love it! Not sure which cabelas my buddy has, but my LEM puts it to shame.

hmmm over the past decade tried lots of different grinders..best sausage maker Dick..Dyck from Germany $$$$$ but worth every penny..best grinder is the Cabelas 1 3 /4 hp however it certainly is the Cabelas model..the new carnivore is brilliant and leaves everything including LEM in the rearview mirror..

buy the best you can afford.
    cheers
    Steven