Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpenter Lake in Early Sept.

Re: Carpenter Lake in Early Sept.

Two hunting buds of mine (who are younger and way tougher than me) hiked way back into Relay a couple years ago and then spent the better part of three days snowbound in their tents in the first week of September.

They saw some big bucks too, they said, but realized they were just too far back in the mtns to pack anything out.

I'd sure like to go though, just to have a look.

Relay is a tough area to hike in for sure. Getting out there with heavy load on the back is really tough and dangerous.
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

Seth >>> MU 3: 32 <<< Main access to this rugged, beutiful land is via the Bridge River road which leaves the Fraser River 12 km north of Lillooet. About 25 km from this junction the highway swings down to cross the Yalakom River. Straight ahead, a gravel road runs along this river, passable for most vehicles for about 30 kms then 4 by but good mule deer along the ridges above the road. You might want to try it. >> Jelly << again the ridges above the road >> good muley Bucks if you like to hike a little .......

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Seth >>> MU 3: 32 <<< Main access to this rugged, beutiful land is via the Bridge River road which leaves the Fraser River 12 km north of Lillooet. About 25 km from this junction the highway swings down to cross the Yalakom River. Straight ahead, a gravel road runs along this river, passable for most vehicles for about 30 kms then 4 by but good mule deer along the ridges above the road. You might want to try it. >> Jelly << again the ridges above the road >> good muley Bucks if you like to hike a little .......
    The valley can see a lot of hunting pressure,but like jelvis says if you want to bust your tail andclimb to the top of the steep ridges there are some nice muleys to be had.My dad used to hunt and guide in the valley in the early 60s and said the hunting was unreal then.
    Midnight toker

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Two hunting buds of mine (who are younger and way tougher than me) hiked way back into Relay a couple years ago and then spent the better part of three days snowbound in their tents in the first week of September.

They saw some big bucks too, they said, but realized they were just too far back in the mtns to pack anything out.

I'd sure like to go though, just to have a look.
    I was up there same time--lotsa snow--couldn't actually go where I wanted to--didn't matter, hunting was good anyway--shot a 4 point second day. Very good deer hunting--three years--three bucks within 3 days of the opener--but all shot while backpacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Jelvis Jocko Rocko north river boy, aint it about time you got a new BC hunting guide book to quote from, that ones a quarter century old
    AKA Bushrat

Quote Originally Posted by oscar makonka View Post
    Jelvis Jocko Rocko north river boy, aint it about time you got a new BC hunting guide book to quote from, that ones a quarter century old
    Could still be good....
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 62# @ 28", Osage-Bloodwood/Maple/Bamboo with Bocote Riser
    Alex Li Custom Recurve 48" 53# @ 28", Bocote/Bamboo with Water Buffalo Horn Covered Belly
    Blackwidow Recurve 56" 61# @ 28"

I was looking at a few areas and the Taylor Creek area looks good. Anyone spent any time in there?

Relay creek and being tough Man that is only the beginning, you can basically drive to the alpine and walk for miles but it all depends on how far you want to pack a deer, get mattb or kirby to post a story of there 05 muley hunt up there and how far back they went and how far they packed matts buck. you will all laugh at the distences but then he went even farther last year

steve

I can't seem to find Relay Creek on any of my maps. Where abouts is it? North or South of Carpenter?