Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Quad Advice

Re: Quad Advice

Polaris. Best in class for ride. Top Of power game a significant amount of time. Hold market share for a reason.

Polaris Firsts:
    - CVT Belt Drive
    - On demand all wheel drive (not three wheel drive)
    - Independent suspension
    - Single lever four wheel proportioned disc brakes
    - Active Decent Control (on the gas to decend a hill my @$$). If you have not had or used it I can see why you might be so misinformed. Just slight engagement and you can walk down the hill beside the atv.
    - Lock and Ride.
    - Integrated Storage.
    - Likley other firsts just can't remember them all.

I have owned and rode hard and put away wet Polaris quads, rangers and RZR's since 1997 when there was nothing in the market that came close to competing. Yes now there are many decent options due to copying proven technologies and developing other substandard technologies to compete.

I am a contractor who depends on my atv's for work after a weekend beating and they perform, most of the time for me. Do they break down. Dam rights. Everything breaks eventually. Especially if I run it.

Currently abusing a 2017 Sportsman XP 1000 Hunter Edition (with 29" rubber) and a 2015 RZR XP Highlifter Edition with 30" rubber. Wife riding 2016 Sportsman 850. Amazing Machines. So smooth it's like riding around the trail on a couch with grunt of a thumper! And several work machines in our stable. So much technology it leaves all others far behind. Can Am comes out with lots of technology but most is frills and gimmicks.

Dont agree? Dont care. I am not just a "weekend warrior"!! Not many keep up or want to keep with me on the trails and reliability is good. Open your mind and try one and you will not look back but will have a big piece of humble pie.

I have had and rode several Yamaha. They are ok. Destroyed my first one when I was in my 20's although nothing lasted long under my control back then. Rolled it more times than I care to remember. Sold it in a box for parts.

Rode and rode with Can Am. Second choice now. Powerful machines. Ok ride. Visco loc is a gimmick. Used to be the big power fast kid on the block. Not no more.

Rode Honda. Ya..... good on the farm! Boring! Crappy ride and unstable as hell. Solid rear axle this, gear shifter that. Sure.

Rode some Suzuki's. Again good for those with strong healthy backs (for a while). Rough and boring. Used to have

Never have and never will have to ride an arctic crap.

Rode some Chinese junk. Do yourself a favour and don't even look at them. Garbage. All of them.

But hey, what the hell would someone that has owned a dozen or more ATV's know what they are talking about.

If looking at a new ATV for the stable it is worth considering a Sportsman foresure.

Just my $0.02 of my experiences for others consideration.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    well you must have a girly man job then
    Ha! Did one of the most physically demanding jobs out there for over 15 years.
    That and several snowmobile accidents that landed me in the hospital with numerous fractures over the years have taken there toll

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Have always owned Polaris and wouldn't go in any other direction
    Same here, nice machines with very few issues. My current ride is a 2011 550 sportsman, plenty big enough for a hunting machine.