Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Advice

Re: Quad Advice

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Just picked up a low mile - 0 rust TJ ......
    I'm trying to be like you RJ .....
    LOL Right on What Year is it ? RJ

'04 TJ ...... 4.0/5sp with 3.73 cogs.
    Even has AC .... Canuck flags on each side !

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    '04 TJ ...... 4.0/5sp with 3.73 cogs.
    Even has AC .... Canuck flags on each side !
    Like my 06 TJ 4.0- 6 Spd 3.73 with ICE ! Kings FLAGs on mine ! lol RJ

Deep....

$7500 at a dealer is $9400 out the door

I have seen the others your posted... none of then quite do it for me.
    I have my eye on a local '07 700cc grizzly under $5K

Say... you think a quad will fit in the back of your little truck? There is a 400cc can am in Cranbrook I would buy right now, but can't make the trip there and back...
    If you were heading down there anytime soon, we could work something out to compensate you for your trouble... have fun with it for a while until you come west...

S
    Last edited by elch jager; 05-06-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: neglected to quote Deep

I found a quad that I planned to go buy this week. The guy that has it for sale had not bothered to register it in his name. Says he bought it used, assures me it isn't stolen. Guy is trying to keep it off the ex-wife's radar... I don't know the guy, but he does seem pretty legit... How can I ensure that it is not a stolen machine? Is there a VIN number like a vehicle to run with the police?

Do i need a vehicle transfer form same as a regular vehicle? Thx.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

You will need the Vin to register it anyway, and that will also ever reported stolen or a lean against it if not fully paid for. You will find it on the frame right or left depending on make and model
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Just got back from a bear hunt (check my thread for pics) I had me 330lbs my gf 130lbs lol my backpack full two guns a 20L jerry full and my bear on the quad. Drove slow and it hauled like a champ. I'm gentle with mine and always ride low 4wd on big hills to make it easier on the quad slow down for pot holes etc but man it's a beast. I would 100% recommend it 2015 edition.

Quote Originally Posted by snipersights View Post
    Just got back from a bear hunt (check my thread for pics) I had me 330lbs my gf 130lbs lol my backpack full two guns a 20L jerry full and my bear on the quad. Drove slow and it hauled like a champ. I'm gentle with mine and always ride low 4wd on big hills to make it easier on the quad slow down for pot holes etc but man it's a beast. I would 100% recommend it 2015 edition.
    Lol clear your PM..its full.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    I found a quad that I planned to go buy this week. The guy that has it for sale had not bothered to register it in his name. Says he bought it used, assures me it isn't stolen. Guy is trying to keep it off the ex-wife's radar... I don't know the guy, but he does seem pretty legit... How can I ensure that it is not a stolen machine? Is there a VIN number like a vehicle to run with the police?

Do i need a vehicle transfer form same as a regular vehicle? Thx.
    Use this site to search a vin#, though it's no guarantee of clear title it's a start.
    http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/index-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
    Use this site to search a vin#, though it's no guarantee of clear title it's a start.
    http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/index-eng.htm
    Thx - comes up clean... that's good. Guy was immediately forthcoming with the VIN. Will get transfer papers drawn up at an insurance agent and get them to confirm.
    Then confirm the VIN on the frame matches... any other suggestions besides don't bring cash and bring a large friend...?