Thread: Quad Advice

Re: Quad Advice

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    14K is insane.
    So is $7500 for used.
    Under $5K is what I am thinking.
    there are lots on the market for that price range
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Hmmm Honda all the way .every day.
    No to belts.period.
    Know of a 300 honda..foot shift 4x4..most single sold model ATV ever sold.ever.
    It has bear claw tires, extra lights. And sips gas .
    I owned it and sold it to my hunting partner, I bought a 2007 500 auto.
    Tims feet don't handle the foot shifting style and it's for sale.
    The 300 is small enough to man handle, comes with a Warne winch..
    Pm me if interested and I'll put you in contact with current owner
    Cheers
    Srupp

I paid 8500 for a 2008 grizzly 700 eps camo in 2012. It had over 2 grand in extras bolted on. Lots of good deals out there just have to wait sometimes. Also beware with the special edition and camo from Yamaha, If you need to replace plastics its going to cost you 3 times the price of normal colours like green, blue ect.

This is what my co-wroker got. http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/...d=19&year=2017
    Its starts at 12,850, as per the website before taxes and everything else. Its a 700CC. I know prices are different at dealerships.

Yamaha Kodiak is very good as well. Starts at 8500 for the 2016 model. With taxes in and some negotiation, you should be at ~$9300. So $7500 is out of whack for 10 year old ATV.

Did a quick search. sound a wide range. Not all are local to you elch jager:

Daytona in Surrey has Kodiak starting at 7500.
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/delta-sur...ationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/dawson-cr...ationFlag=true
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/kamloops/...ationFlag=true
    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv/kamloops/...ationFlag=true

Don't understand the popularity and attraction of a SxS ......
    * Don't really fit in a truck box .... not like a quad and a moose will. Pay for the trailer on the B.C. Ferry $$$
    * The folks I've seen with them are covered in mud ..... everything, rifles, gear, operator & passenger .... ?
    * High price! ..... why not get a Tracker - Jeep type vehicle with heat, tunes, and licence plate ?

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    * Don't really fit in a truck box .... not like a quad and a moose will. Pay for the trailer on the B.C. Ferry $$$
    * The folks I've seen with them are covered in mud ..... everything, rifles, gear, operator & passenger .... ?
    * High price! ..... why not get a Tracker - Jeep type vehicle with heat, tunes, and licence plate ?
    I'm interested in the narrow (50") SxS. Polaris RZR, Honda Pioneer 500, CF Moto something or other, Wildcat Trail, and maybe others. They'll fit in the back of a truck (apparently even a Tacoma, according to CF Moto's dealer in Sicamous). Seat two pretty comfortably. Ability to relatively fully enclose (hard roof, hard doors, etc), full seat belts for safety (I'm fairly confident that that's still generally safer than the ability to jump off the device, which of course a lot of guys will say is safer; however, I know of a guy who died several years ago on his quad when he went flying).

But that doesn't negate your points, either. Both have pros and cons...I'd take either, if my wife would let us put one in the garage!

If you're looking at a 700 yamaha and money is tight either a used one or a Kodiak 700 instead of the grizzly. Unfortunately buying used you still have to pay the taxes now which makes buying a new leftover Kodiak a pretty good deal. I bought a lightly used 08 camo grizzly 700 eps with 700kms, new warne plow, seat box ,winch back in 2010 and paid $8500. I sold it 2 years later with 4k on it for $7500 and still have the plow. Good deals out there just have to shop around.

Mine will fit in a full sized truck box ... just gotta roll over the wheel wells ... I like my Side by side because it can haul more than any quad on the market, has seating for 3 so I can take my 2 kids on a recreational ride or my hunting buddy and his kid ... You only get covered in mud if you mash the loud pedal a lot
    like anything else there is a market for tunes, heat etc...
    best of all when I am wheeling in some nasty shit and snap an axel and I don't carry a spare I only have to walk as far as my tow vehicle and I don't hafta walk home
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Your Pretty SHARP for a OLD Closet Canucker RJ

Just picked up a low mile - 0 rust TJ ......
    I'm trying to be like you RJ .....