Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Advice

Quad Advice

I'm looking at buying a quad for hunting. Looking for some advice on what to get. I'm not really interested in doing hardcore quading, just be able to cruise around on the backroads and not beat the hell out of my truck. Would prefer to get something used to save some cash. I realize this is a pretty broad post but I really don't know much about quads so I'm looking for advice on where to start.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quad Advice

Try to avoid belt driven. Best bet would be a Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha from the '90s or early to mid 2000. Maximum cc at 500, maybe 550.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Stay in the lower cc...450-550 use way less gas. Or buy a SxS, no sore thumb, easy to bring a buddy...a 450 rhino would be perfect
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I bought a polaris sportsman 500 in 05 and it's still running strong. More power than what I need for sure.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Pick your price range. Make sure it is a 4x4 and says Yamaha or Honda on the side.
    done. Go hunting
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Absolutely nothing wrong with belt drive. Polaris anyways. They r all good with Arctic Cat at the bottom of the heap.

CVT is a GREAT system ! Being PROVEN Well over the Years ! Polaris - Yamaha - Kawasaki - Suzuki- Artic Cat all use it ! I have a Honda also with Gears - its works FINE too RJ

Yamaha grizzly
    " Never tell me the Odds "

It would probably be out of your price range, but I would recommend something with power steering and independent suspension.

It is a smooth ride and easy to steer, which allows you to save your energy for the hunt and a good hike, instead of using it up on the drive.

Not sure where the belt is a bad thing comment is coming from. I know back in the day, if they got wet, they could cause issues, but most machines now do not have that problem now.

I have ridden plenty of machines and without question the Arctic Cats are the worse IMHO.
    Last edited by Little Red Man; 10-15-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilometers View Post
    Pick your price range. Make sure it is a 4x4 and says Yamaha or Honda on the side.
    done. Go hunting
    What he said.