Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: edge clarity in binos

Re: edge clarity in binos

What amazes some is childs play to others

For best reviews on optics, go to a birder site and maybe be surprised at which binos are top rated.
    Birders are a huge market and focus on optics, unlike hunting sites that discuss packs, rifles, camo, boots scents etc. etc. ad nauseam

ie birding-binoculars.net/reviews
    beware of the 'professional' reviewers
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I've got an itch for new glass too. Maybe next year.

I agree with twoSevenO. I expected better out of my binocs but after reading others experiences, I have to pay a lot more to get what I want to have edge clarity.

I have swarovski 8x20 compacts,minox 10x43 hpo (their best) and new vortex compact spotting scope and feel these three work well for me. I am surprised how good the Razor spotting scope works for me. Vortex,is not quite the quality as the others...but is the best value imo

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I have to pay a lot more to get what I want to have edge clarity.
    Look for BAK-4 prisms instead of BK-7, big step in the right direction. Nikon uses them, not in Diamondbacks
    Last edited by boxhitch; 10-16-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I've got an itch for new glass too. Maybe next year.

I agree with twoSevenO. I expected better out of my binocs but after reading others experiences, I have to pay a lot more to get what I want to have edge clarity.
    yeah, that seems to be the case. I was disappointed in how little improvement in edge clarity binos that were $1000 more than mine offered. I will have to go back and compare at twilight and see if they make up in low light enough to warrant a thousand dollar upgrade.

Which ones do you have? Which ones are on your short list?

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    What amazes some is childs play to others

For best reviews on optics, go to a birder site and maybe be surprised at which binos are top rated.
    Birders are a huge market and focus on optics, unlike hunting sites that discuss packs, rifles, camo, boots scents etc. etc. ad nauseam

ie birding-binoculars.net/reviews
    beware of the 'professional' reviewers

Yep check out KOWA Genesis binos... and call me if you want a quote. Like all US based pricing they have gone up a lot in price but still a great value at any money especially against Swaros etc. Same quality for a lot less.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

If you want sharp clear images to the edge of your field of view only the swaro el swarovision will do that for you. Nothing else even comes close.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ion-binoculars

They are unreal, best investment I've ever made. Zero eye strain and spot game damn near in the dark. Out the sat morning and threw them up in my spot at 06:45, BOOM deer a 1000 yds away. Weekend warriors hadn't even started rolling in yet and I had 12 deer glassed up before 07:00.
    Haven't tried em all, but I doubt there's much better.
    Stunning glass...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Leica Hd glass is cleaner and crisper than swaro.

Bird watching forums are probably the best places to get reviews on optics. Here's a great link to an in depth review. Done on 8x42's but translates to the larger magnifications as well.

http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2...hart_2012.html
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."