Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blockade Injuction Filed

Re: Blockade Injuction Filed

As far as I know they are still camped at the start of the road. But no stopping hunters. Calling themselves a Game Check station now. I'm not sure they are aware that nearly every animal you can legally harvest on the grade needs to be CI'ed. So they are really wasting their time.

The Tahltans figure their government will be in control of wildlife up in that area next year. I heard a rumour that there have been gates going up on other roads. Willow to be specific. But haven't seen it myself. Should be an interesting winter.

^^^glad they're at least not stopping Hunter's..

Proud to be a bcwf member! $$ on the way
    Beer so much more than a breakfast drink.

Blockades by any one are just wrong on all levels. Good work on the injunction I hope it will be enforced and end thisd sillyness once and for all.
    Gone Hunting. Back soon to go Fishing

Cool Re: Blockade Injuction Filed

They tried to garner funding help in the form of a crowd-funding request 17 days ago.
    To date, they have raised a grand total of 285 US dollars.

https://www.generosity.com/community...n-for-wildlife

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

^^^Interesting to note that the "BC Wildlife Federation are falling short of their responsibility to sustainably manage wildlife in this area - denying the Tahltan people their right to practice their culture that has been a part of this land for thousands of years."

I'm glad the Kabloona Keepers understand that a group of volunteer conservationists is responsible for making Tahltan culture possible! (You gotta laugh sometimes or you're gonna cry).
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Wasn't planning on joining the BCWF but I'm tempted now.

What are other benefits of joining BCWF? Their web page doesn't exactly show the benefits of becoming a member other than funding conservation. (which of course is a benefit in itself.)

already mentioned but...1st) they are doing something illegal..2nd) there is an injunction making it double illegal...3rd) there will be contempt charges (or whatever else you get charged with for violating an injunction) so???? triple illegal...what s next? 4th) violating bail conditions so quadruple illegal?......
    as previously mentioned, all this means nothing without enforcement

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    Wasn't planning on joining the BCWF but I'm tempted now.

What are other benefits of joining BCWF? Their web page doesn't exactly show the benefits of becoming a member other than funding conservation. (which of course is a benefit in itself.)
    then you need to look deeper. There's a whole lot more to the BCWF then just conservation.

The BCWF is the only voice for the resident hunters in numbers. The BCWF has done more for fish and wildlife then ANY other organization in this province. Your government certainly isn't looking after your best interests as a resident. At least the BCWF is making an attempt. Without them, we are all alone, as individuals. Get involved if you want any future for your self, your family or for fish and wildlife in the future.

Last edited by ForealBoreal; 01-02-2022 at 01:19 PM.