Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulameen this weekend!

Tulameen this weekend!

Any good spots you guys would recommend Mostly hunting for deer and bear but wouldn't mind a little grouse action thrown in either! I'll be taking the Tulameen fsr up off the Coq. Heard mostly good things about the area so I'm pretty excited to try it out. Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tulameen this weekend!

I'll be there this weekend, I tell you where the deer fell on Monday LOL Look for a 07 F150 and say hi
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Clearwater.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

I see from google earth there are some fsr's and cut blocks, some natural opening and such, might be a good place to try. Grouse can be anywhere, they like to eat small rocks off the fsr in the evening to aid in digestion. Ruffies taste better than spruce but if you batter and deep fry you barley notice the difference. Deer and bear are where you find them. You have to hunt for them. Much can be learned from following a track. Success comes from times and effort, luck also helps. Fill up ur tanks and lace up ur boots. Happy hunting.

It'll be pretty busy there all weekend, seems like everyone from Langley ( sorry, Steelco ) heads up there for Thanksgiving. Be prepared to run into a lot of hunters cruising the FSR's.
    Haven't decided where Son and I will be, trying to decide between the hills above Tulameen or South of Princeton.
    Last Thanksgiving neighbours were quite successful around Coalmont bagging 2 deer and other neighbours basically walked across the river behind us and cut their deer tags. Son - In - Law and I collectively cut one rabbit tag.
    This year lots of grouse around, keep your eyes peeled while on the FSR's.
    Lots of bears around, friggin' things are walking through town all the time.
    I'm in an electric blue 2013 F-150 with a BCWF decal on the back window.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    It'll be pretty busy there all weekend, seems like everyone from Langley ( sorry, Steelco ) heads up there for Thanksgiving. Be prepared to run into a lot of hunters cruising the FSR's.
    Haven't decided where Son and I will be, trying to decide between the hills above Tulameen or South of Princeton.
    Last Thanksgiving neighbours were quite successful around Coalmont bagging 2 deer and other neighbours basically walked across the river behind us and cut their deer tags. Son - In - Law and I collectively cut one rabbit tag.
    This year lots of grouse around, keep your eyes peeled while on the FSR's.
    Lots of bears around, friggin' things are walking through town all the time.
    I'm in an electric blue 2013 F-150 with a BCWF decal on the back window.
    Bears, did someone say bears. The last one I saw is dead LOL I think they're all gone to fine home's in Langley LOL
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Bears, did someone say bears. The last one I saw is dead LOL I think they're all gone to fine home's in Langley LOL

Go a little farther in....there are lots still floating around!!

I was through that area this past weekend I met a buddy from the Okanagan near Tulameen and we checked out the area a bit. Shout out to Iron Glove for giving me up to date route advice we took the route you're talking about but backwards. Nice country, good roads and close to the LML. Do the math! lmao, yeah there was quite a few hunters in the area and this weekend will be even busier no doubt but its a fairly big area through a few different valleys you should be able to find a spot off the beaten path and have an enjoyable hunt. Didn't see any grouse oddly and one mule deer doe. Down town Tulameen. lol
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Anywhere there isent a side by side parked. Good luck there are quad trails inside the main roads and alot of people get away from those. Pretty good for grouse and rabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I was through that area this past weekend I met a buddy from the Okanagan near Tulameen and we checked out the area a bit. Shout out to Iron Glove for giving me up to date route advice we took the route you're talking about but backwards. Nice country, good roads and close to the LML. Do the math! lmao, yeah there was quite a few hunters in the area and this weekend will be even busier no doubt but its a fairly big area through a few different valleys you should be able to find a spot off the beaten path and have an enjoyable hunt. Didn't see any grouse oddly and one mule deer doe. Down town Tulameen. lol
    Happy you enjoyed the trip.
    Two weeks ago my male Toller retrieved his first grouse, maybe 200 metres from the cabin, he was pretty proud of it.
    Trouble was the grouse looked like it had died weeks before.
    Methinks a neighbour might have bagged it awhile ago and tossed the carcass there.