Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: practice birds

Re: practice birds

Contact the Vancouver Airport. We used to get the captured pigeons from there and have them shipped up here to the Fort. Not sure of the contact name, it has been a few years since we did it. I believe it is still going on as pigeons are a real problem with airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Contact the Vancouver Airport.
    Last I heard, the 'Raptor Patrol' were helping to keep things in check down there. Unfortunately Falcons are not retrievers, but they are effective.
    The number of birds taken off of the airport is actually quite staggering. Its a full time war, with various tools.

I just talked to a friend of mine, he said there is a place called Wine Glass Ranch somewhere near Williams Lake? That you are able to get phesants from, and hunt them like at Stonecroft Farms.

Try Campbell's Pheasantry, I think in Abbie. page 39 of the regs.

Thanks all - I've talked to a few places now, it'll be a matter who has a birds ready when I want them. I'll try a few times with pheasants and then maybe go to trapping the pigeons - pictures and reports will follow once I get going.

When I was with the Manitoba Pointing Dog Association, a few of us would go to a few bridges at night time, climb up(we were careful) in the beams and scoop all the pigeons we needed, Did it for years. We just used the biggest fishnet we could find. Look for some abandoned barns(if there are pigeons) or such in your area and after getting the owners permission, get the net, go at night time(after a bit of scouting) and catch all you want. Some guys do this and actually sell the birds for a buck or two a piece. Good luck.

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef