Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy scouting

Billy scouting

Last edited by .264winmag; 09-30-2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Pics won't upload

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Billy scouting

Sorry with the picture quality it's kinda hard to tell...looks like a big bodied goat for sure!..but if you want to put the pictures in the thread just copy and paste the picture from photobucket into the thread. (Doesn't work with my iPad, just my lap top) Don't use the "insert image" icon....that's how I do it any ways.

Good luck with you goat hunt!
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Sorry with the picture quality it's kinda hard to tell...looks like a big bodied goat for sure!..but if you want to put the pictures in the thread just copy and paste the picture from photobucket into the thread. (Doesn't work with my iPad, just my lap top) Don't use the "insert image" icon....that's how I do it any ways.

Good luck with you goat hunt!
    Used to copy and upload fine from phone, then updated to iOS 10 and don't work anymore...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Some video footage of him:

https://youtu.be/s8Tr-1YB-xI
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Difficult to say but he looks like he is ~9". Not a huge Billy. Big Billies look like they have stove pipes on their heads lol. They also have a very narrow gap between bases.
    Live to Hunt...

guest Guest

I think a Rattler is close in his judgement. Maybe even smaller. That said, compare horn length to face, in this case considerably smaller. The bases can appear huge but don't forget on Bills they have the gland right behind the horn making it appear larger then normal. The glands are not always swolen though. Space between horns as mentioned is also good. Big Bills have hardly any hair space. If it's your 1st Billy your after, and all you can find ....... Depends on your goals but just the experience alone even taking just pictures is Cool.
    Good luck. CT

Thanks, you guys know your goats.
    Bang, he's 8.5". My biggest so I'm happy, learned lots by watching him and his sidekick for awhile!
    04.photobucket.com/user/Doubleheader2/media/2016%20Billy/E24C95E9-8335-4426-AE59-6D2A90DB7E41.jpg.html][/URL]
    Last edited by .264winmag; 10-06-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Congrats, post some good pics.

Nice billy! Congratulations.
    keknny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.