Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Penask plateau windmills

Re: Penask plateau windmills

Wait, I heard all you LMLanders are going Electric,and cutting of all Natural Gas..
    Going to need site A.B,C,D,E..etc etc..and all the windmills you can build..
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    YOU wake up. China is the future. India is the future. Western Civilization is done.

Asia's becoming great because they're not afraid of using what works. They don't buy what they can't afford. They aren't enabling their burdensome citizens to the point where those undesireables run the place.

Ontario is a great example of how well green energy works. And how naive Canadians are.

Don't be so naive.
    God, India and China are the worlds examples of too many fish in the fish bowl, if that's the future were screwed... And as said, their pollution problems will catch up to them, I at least hope so....now back on topic: ya the windmills are ugly, but I guess if they're a good source of renewable energy, maybe they'll be beneficial overall..I just hope there isn't going to be too many riddling the landscape...

No options are without environmental impact, but wind farms are some of the lowest impact while generating some of the most efficient power...and better to have it in "the middle of nowhere" where it actually affects very few people's strong aesthetics on the issue. They seem to do well in Hawaii, too.

How can anyone be against green power generation? I don't understand it. "Oh no, something that will help preserve the wilderness that we love! HOW DARE THEY?"

And hydro, while efficient, is NOT without significant environmental impact.

So how are getting the power from the windmills to the grind ?? another power line ??
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    So how are getting the power from the windmills to the grind ?? another power line ??
    No. They are using WIFI. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Hey Tesla could do it

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    And the real scary part about that statement ruger is that the greenies and the treehungers believe it !!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I live in Ontario, and we have hundreds of these f ing things. Here are some facts.
    They do disrupt wildlife.... traditional migration routes are altered, prime habitat is vacated by waterfowl(i guide duck hunters and have seen this with marshes surrounded by mills) woodcock no longer use their traditional habitat on their migration that has been enveloped by wind mills.
    We actually have to pay the state of New York to take our excess power.
    Neighours fight with neighours because one family has mills and the others dont....the ones that dont are being driven mad by the noise they produce. In some cases people with babies and young kids have to sell their homes and move to areas without windfarms because the noise bothers the kids so much ...non stop crying.
    Water wells are becoming so turbid from the ground vibrations these thing make that families have to truck in water.
    There is no money set aside from the billions in subsidies for the wind mill de commissioning after their 20 yr life cycle....guess who will have to clean up that mess
    It actually takes more fuel to fire up natural gas plants to ramp up production when the wind doesnt blow than if the damned things just ran at a constant rate.
    Wind companies are lobbying to prevent hunting or shooting near wndfarms......and when they are everywhere that really limits opportunity.
    The wind initiative here is all about money. Companies cashing in then cashing out when they fold.
    Transmission routes need to be upgraded as that infrastructure is aging. The funny thing is that with all this green wonderful energy blowing the blades around we still get brown outs even though I can see no less than 75 flashing lights from the windmills from my front porch.
    Absolutely disgusting and it is a real problem. The cnts that live in toronto that dont have to live by them or actually see the negative effects think they are the bees knees....yes i just typed that. You could say that I am a hard NO on the whole wind thing. I wish you guys luck.
    Wicket

great now Im all worked up from typing all that. think ill go let my truck idle

I was up that way today, those things are huge! They are building a new high line up to the site, I guess they will put a switching station on the existing line on the other side of the Coq. ? My assumption is that there is going to be a huge exclusion zone around them. They definitely dominate the landscape, not sure in a good way. The only way that they are viable right now is through government subsidies.

If this were economically viable, private enterprise would be all over it. You know it'll lose money because governments are the only parties interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..