Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Penask plateau windmills

Re: Penask plateau windmills

Latest
    Wind turbines are unreliable, ugly, expensive, dangerous, short life span, will /could never even come close to meeting demand or be counted on…….Should be totally abandoned! PERIOD!

N.S. wind turbine goes up in flames yesterday
    https://www.thevanguard.ca/news/loca...y-fire-292653/

Another N.S. collapse couple years ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cftpZuHCrso

What to expect!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-j68Qs1b-s

So much for wind energy!
    https://principia-scientific.org/twe...h-wind-energy/
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Used to travel to Vernon often, but after the breakup, I never went that way till 2 summers ago.
    Really enjoyed that part of the drive back in the 90's til 2000.
    To me it was interesting to see how the trees next to the highway that were now exposed were all being blown down.
    Drove there a couple years back and couldn't believe it.
    On the drive up, smoke filled the area, so I never saw the turbines.
    On the way back, I couldn't believe how in less than 15 years how much had been logged.
    The turbines were a surprise and yes not the most beautiful thing to see.
    But then again, with not trees around neither was the rest of the area.
    Want power, there has to be a way to provide it.
    Far less damaging than hydro dams (large scale ones) to the habitat I suppose.
    See them on Maui as well now.
    Get used to it.
    Solar panels I guess one day too.

Hunted near Guiliam Lake this year, surprised to see the horizon lined with the windmills. A honey hole of mine which is quite near the mills was totally with out any sign. I spent a couple of days in the area and was amazed at how loud these thing were, I was wondering if that would disturb the critters. I moved off several klicks to another honey hole and lo and behold it was just like I remembered it, full of critters!
    I was wondering if others found that the game moved out of the area or do they just get used to the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    What about burning all our garbage in incinerators to produce power rather than filling the ground in giant landfills? 2 birds with one stone?
    I tested the incinerators in the GVRD for many years, one of the cleanest systems i have tested, we would routinely have to test for longer periods of time (longer than the test methods required) to obtain any measurably particulate and heavy metals.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    I tested the incinerators in the GVRD for many years, one of the cleanest systems i have tested, we would routinely have to test for longer periods of time (longer than the test methods required) to obtain any measurably particulate and heavy metals.
    I was jut thinking about this the other day, so interesting it was brought up.
    I think the USA Aircraft Carriers, with 5000 + men/women on them make tons of garbage.
    I think they are experimenting with some sort of "PLASMA" Incinerator!
    Basically breaks down everything to their most basic, non harmful components.

They kill birds of prey
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I think the USA Aircraft Carriers, with 5000 + men/women on them make tons of garbage.
    I think they are opening a new plant in Edmonton using a form of gasification. Seems like a great way to get rid of garbage and produce power at the same time. Burying it or shipping it to asia doesn't seem to be working that good.

I’ve seen a YouTube video where a windmill knocks a soaring condor clean out of the air. Also heard in some areas they take a heavy toll on small birds also. School groups had to stop tours with a carpet of dead. IRC’s on the ground.
    "AIM SMALL...MISS SMALL"

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Quite the eyesore up sunset, I heard that it was called progress ?
    Poor you! The view is ruined!
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    https://www.pyrogenesis.com/projects...raft-carriers/

They used to throw their garbage overboard.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.