Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sausage maker recommendation - Lower mainland

Re: Sausage maker recommendation - Lower mainland

Thanks for the update, I'll give him a call this week...

I just got my meat back from Sumas meats this morning and I'm super happy with it. The turn around was fast, the meat is tasty and the price was fair. I plan on using them again.

R.I.P BiG Boar

Wow. Them snaussages looks fantastic!! Gonna use them.

No, no, no. Our last time heading back with a deer in the back of the pickup we called Uli and were told that he couldn't take our deer that day as he'd just been swamped with a number of moose. My buddy (1st time hunter who had just had success on his first weekend out) was nervous about keeping the deer overnight and wanted it hung in a cooler that afternoon. Uli did give us a recommendation for someone else who was close by but he wasn't nearly as good as Uli. Now you just made Uli busier than ever. Agh!
    I always like his landjaeger. In fact, my wife was just bemoaning the fact that we didn't get any landjaeger from the other guy. Hopefully in a week from now I'll be asking for some landjaeger.
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

Sounds great! I just got 2 mulie bucks done by him. The farmer sausage and hot Italian sausage's are really good!
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

another vote for Sumas meats. Like others have said...great stuff

See Uli's beer sausage on the counter too, mmmm. He's making jerky in Feb IIRC (though will try my own hand at it too).

Like that Uli's there for you if returning to town on a Sunday or early early morning before work. Am going to drop of a case of beer end of season, my wife did the pick up and she was also treated very well - great to have him in the community. Turn around was two weeks, all very good.

The manner in which Pete exited would not return should he return to cutting. If you know you're not going to take a moose from past customers say so when asked a couple days before rather than ask for a call when harvest and then leave hanging (or rather not hanging).

Resurrecting an old thread, but I am going to get some sausage made soon and will be looking for a butcher. Sumas Meats sounds like it gets great reviews, so thats good. I am curious how much pork places like Sumas adds to your game meat?