Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sausage maker recommendation - Lower mainland

Sausage maker recommendation - Lower mainland

Hi, just spoke with Kathy at Hansel Deli, who has being doing my game sausage for 20 years, and apparently they lost their lease, so out of business until they can find a new location with a Smoker.
    meanwhile Ive got 150lbs of elk trim I need to get processed.
    I looked at the butcher thread and saw some names, but first hand references are much better than picking from a list sight unseen. Appreciate any suggestions for LML or the Valley for a primo sausage/hamburger maker. (Its already butchered, so just a sausage maker is needed)
    thanks for your input!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sausage maker recommendation - Lower mainland

Sumas meats on marion road in abbotsford. I know him personally and he does amazing work. I'll be bringing all my sausage to him this year. My brother and me and used him multiple times and every time it's great stuff and I also have never had any missing meat like some butchers out there. If your question his quality call him up to buy some of his beef sausage's. I grabbed a bag of cheese smokies,garlic sausage and pepperoni a few months ago. It was really good.
    Lord let me come home bloody, not my own.

Much thanks, will call him.

I second to motion for Uli at Sumas. Nicest butcher I have ever met.

Check whichever place you find first. They may not take meat for sausage if they are busy cutting. I use Peter at Beltrame in Langley but he won't make sausage till the season is over. I prefer that, I know my meat isn't going to be "blended"
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Pete or Uli both are top notch butchers and sausage makers. Uli's jalapeņo cheese smokies are awesome

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    Hi, just spoke with Kathy at Hansel Deli, who has being doing my game sausage for 20 years, and apparently they lost their lease, so out of business until they can find a new location with a Smoker.
    meanwhile Ive got 150lbs of elk trim I need to get processed.
    I looked at the butcher thread and saw some names, but first hand references are much better than picking from a list sight unseen. Appreciate any suggestions for LML or the Valley for a primo sausage/hamburger maker. (Its already butchered, so just a sausage maker is needed)
    thanks for your input!
    No One NO ONE ... in the Lower Mainland makes the Ukrainian Garlic sausage like Ol Arts recipe ....... At the Hansel Deli in Cloverdale ...... AKA Kathys Dad. Even Pete at Beltrame couldnt get over how GOOD it really really is. It is Incredible IMO
    Last edited by guest; 09-29-2016 at 09:43 PM.

2nd that, but can't eat what I can't. Hopefully they find a new facility soon.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    No One NO ONE ... in the Lower Mainland makes the Ukrainian Garlic sausage like Ol Arts recipe ....... At the Hansel Deli in Cloverdale ...... AKA Kathys Dad. Even Pete at Beltrame couldnt get over how GOOD it really really is. It is Incredible IMO
    On that note, Pete the Meat is not doing game anymore! Too bad!! K

Quote Originally Posted by luger View Post
    Sumas meats on marion road in abbotsford. I know him personally and he does amazing work. I'll be bringing all my sausage to him this year. My brother and me and used him multiple times and every time it's great stuff and I also have never had any missing meat like some butchers out there. If your question his quality call him up to buy some of his beef sausage's. I grabbed a bag of cheese smokies,garlic sausage and pepperoni a few months ago. It was really good.
    Thought I'd give an update. Took in 140 lbs of elk trimming. Got back 30lbs of hamburger and 100 lbs of sausage- an equal mix of garlic, farmer, salami, and smokies. I have to say that every product is absolutely outstanding. I know Hansel made great Kolbosa, but overall everything I got from Sumas is top notch quality and taste.
    thanks to Luger and Coachman for the recommendation. ����