Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some tips from the Traditional pros

Re: Need some tips from the Traditional pros

I should also add if you are not on a tight budget and want a custom bow made PM me and I can hook you up with a custom bowyer who makes a real nice recurve with the old 1950's recurve type grip..(low)..I have one of his recurve and took a nice whitetail with it . The bowyer also makes longbows...I am using a BEAR recurve to this season but have not been out much ....still trying to find good hunting areas for bowhunting as I moved to this area and this is my first year here and all the areas I am still exploring .

Bluesman, did we meet in Cherryville?

Thanx for the tips gents! I did go the economical route and found new 60lb limbs for my Ragim in Canada so 5 days later I had them. Installed and set my brace height at 7.5" as per factory specs and I'm shooting it and loving it!!! Definite change in holdover out to my magical 27 yard mark. So next question, these limbs are NOT fast flight compatible, Dacron string only. So is a Flemish string going to be compatible? And what's the benefit to one?

Flemish is the STYLE of sting, it's a flemish twist which is how the loops are forms and spliced, the other being an endless loop.

You have basically Fastflight or dacron (B50/55) or similar, both can be made either way. Fastflight performance over dacron is VERY noticeable.

Flemish I like because making them is not hard, they look cool and they are, allegedly quieter. Endless loops I don't really enjoy making but are seen as a "performance" string but I doubt if 99.9% of traddies would notice a jot of difference but elite archers use them………….jeez, I'm a geek about these things, eh?!

Anyway, if you want a string, hit me up, they are usually about $25, I have 5 colours of B50.

A smart thing to do with your strings is to get two and shoot one in (stretched) and then keep it as your spare……. I never leave home without 3!

I still have your number Marc and do plan on calling to talk, life is chaotic right now. Again though, I appreciate all the geek knowledge you possess. Cheers!

Yes Marc , we did ..I met you and your family and shot with Ken..how goes it..hope all is well and your getting some hunting in. I am going to try and get some permission in falkland area soon...I have been scouting and trying to find places close to home for daily trips...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    Yes Marc , we did ..I met you and your family and shot with Ken..how goes it..hope all is well and your getting some hunting in. I m going to try and get some permission in falkland area soon...I have been scouting and trying to find places close to home for daily trips...
    Well hit us up sometime if you want some company even if it's just to shoot some arrows and some BS!

Would be good to get some traddies together in this area………I might even tell Ken Fireball……but then again…..

sounds good Marc....up in Alberta right now visiting and getting hunter hosted for a few days .... I have been doing alot of scouting in BC trying to find some nice spots close to home...