Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HBCers have Instagram??

Re: HBCers have Instagram??

IG account Scotty.s.g

IG account: bestcoasthunter Disclaimer: not the best hunter but from the best coast
    moose meat mindset

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hashtags allow people to find you and see your posts. It is also a good way to find others that are like minded and see their posts. You can tailor make your IG feed to whatever you want. Way more interesting that seeing the same guys argue about the same stuff on a site like this.
    I understand how it works Still not my thing...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I understand how it works Still not my thing...
    I had a hard time getting use to the hashtags as well. My daughter convinced me to give it a try and now a couple years into it I really am glad I did. I have been able to reconnect with old hunting friends from the good ol days of hunting sites like Monster Muleys and have made great new friends as well. It is unique that you can have the same things in common with many other hunters and outdoorsmen and women from around the globe. And if I see an NDPer, i can unfollow instead of having to read their mantras on a site like this. # friendsdontletfriendsvotendp #****thendp
    Last edited by dana; 04-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.

I get the idea of hashtags from twitter. Not quite sure if it's the same idea on IG.

Say I post a fishing picture, I should throw in #cutthroat #fishing #flyfishing or something?

Does this have to be done on the original post or does it work in a comment after the fact?

It would be neat to attract more like minded strangers... even the odd anti could be a little fun.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

i've seen it done both ways. Most people just throw the tags in the main post.

if your goal is to attract more followers, your best bet is to find someone who has like 10-15k followers and observe their pattern .... When they post, how often they post, what they tag etc.

..... or just become a hot chick that likes to pose in front of the mirror in bikini bottoms. 20,000 followers easy!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    i've seen it done both ways. Most people just throw the tags in the main post.

if your goal is to attract more followers, your best bet is to find someone who has like 10-15k followers and observe their pattern .... When they post, how often they post, what they tag etc.

..... or just become a hot chick that likes to pose in front of the mirror in bikini bottoms. 20,000 followers easy!
    On twitter there are common hashtags for different interests like #cdnpoli for federal politics, #onpoli for Ontario (don't ask why I know) but are there common hashtags for hunters like #bchunt #cdnhunt? Or pretty much just key words like #crayfish #blacktails etc?

Depends on the photo. Most guys will have #huntingbc or #bchunting. But often most of the tags are super general to appeal to a broader audience like #sitkagear #kuiucanada #leupold etc

Take a look at some posts by others that generate a lot of traction for an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Depends on the photo. Most guys will have #huntingbc or #bchunting. But often most of the tags are super general to appeal to a broader audience like #sitkagear #kuiucanada #leupold etc

Take a look at some posts by others that generate a lot of traction for an idea.
    I like the specific ones like #bchunting and #huntingbc

I'm mostly interested in local content. I figure if I follow a bunch of BC hunters and they follow me it kind of resembles a forum.

I wouldn't want to subscribe to too many feeds that it gets to noisy either.

I think I kind of get what IG is all about or at least what I will make out of it. Definitely slow on the social media trends. I have only half figured out Twitter

Signed on less than a year ago mainly to interact with my kids & close friends. Haven't explored hunting feeds that much, but the odd time I do it's been entertaining & useful. Don't have FB or the bird, find them tedious & annoying. Only other soc med I do is G+ but it's on the fringe.
    Last edited by mike31154; 04-15-2018 at 08:54 AM. Reason: grammar