Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HBCers have Instagram??

Re: HBCers have Instagram??

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    My IG is sdana9494. By far way more hunting and outdoor content on IG than on most hunting forums.
    I joined IG in December and have seen more quality hunting and fishing content than in all the years of forums from 2004 to now combined!

Lots of bc hunters on there that no longer post to this forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I don't hashtag shit, but it's a good free place to store pics and vids. Some real good outdoor content posted up by many for sure. Private account for me. Huntin fishin and fallin.

264winchestermag
    I could watch this guy fall trees alll day long! LOL

Mountainaddict4ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    . I was hoping for a little anonymity but might need to switch to private mode as some here have suggested.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

What’s an Instagram ?

Ive heard of Stripagram !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

dodge456ca is mine. Mostly work pics ( I'm a machinist ) with some hunting and shooting pics and the obligatory food shots here and there for good measure. I use instagram differently than facebook as its a broader audience, I don't put a lot of personal or family photos on there as I use Facebook for that and find it redundant to put the same pics on both medias also.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I joined IG in December and have seen more quality hunting and fishing content than in all the years of forums from 2004 to now combined!

Lots of bc hunters on there that no longer post to this forum as well.
    The reason I enjoy HBC more than any other platform is the hunting stories. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think they are wrong. When I read a good hunting write-up I really feel the excitement of the hunt. For whatever reason pics alone (which is more often the case on FB and IG) don't really do it.

The traditional forum layout (sections / threading) is another huge part for me. I guess I am more of a reader.

Typical FB post: "Shot this" (picture of bear) - couple hundred likes, buried in a few hours

HBC Post: "it all start out one rainy night... we arrived to our camp 3 hours before first light...(1000 words)" (picture) - bunch of follow up chatter

Come to think of it, even stories of unsuccessful hunts are awesome and happen all the time.

I haven't been on IG long enough to say, but FB just doesn't seem to have much attention span or thoughtful discussion.

Does anyone think this too? Or maybe I'm just a little crazy (it could be both!)

Crawfy42 is mine

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    The reason I enjoy HBC more than any other platform is the hunting stories. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think they are wrong. When I read a good hunting write-up I really feel the excitement of the hunt. For whatever reason pics alone (which is more often the case on FB and IG) don't really do it.

The traditional forum layout (sections / threading) is another huge part for me. I guess I am more of a reader.

Typical FB post: "Shot this" (picture of bear) - couple hundred likes, buried in a few hours

HBC Post: "it all start out one rainy night... we arrived to our camp 3 hours before first light...(1000 words)" (picture) - bunch of follow up chatter

Come to think of it, even stories of unsuccessful hunts are awesome and happen all the time.

I haven't been on IG long enough to say, but FB just doesn't seem to have much attention span or thoughtful discussion.

Does anyone think this too? Or maybe I'm just a little crazy (it could be both!)
    I agree...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I like the stories too but there's honestly just not enough of them.... how many people posted quality stories this fall? Maybe like 5-6?

Don't get me wrong.... the ones that did post were for the most part awesome. But not that many!

I enjoyed Chris.pryns first backcountry buck. Kopper posted an awesome goat hunt. And the Indian river elk was fricken awesome.

I'm sure there were others but those 3 come to mind right away.