Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HBCers have Instagram??

HBCers have Instagram??

Not sure if any of you Hunt BC members have Instagram, but I recently started an account to share my hunting/outdoor adventures as it is thee easiest way to/ quickest way to post and edit pictures and to share with hunters all over the world, some amazing photos of hunting, shed hunting fishing etc!!! I don't do the Facebook thing but this Instagram thing seems to be okay, if your on there search Backwoods300 that's me, I've loaded many pictures of recent hunts/shed hunting and over the years as it is soooo easy to post and edit, no photo book required. Also if your on there #huntbc for your bc hunting adventures to share. Thanks hope to see a few of you on there.
    -Backwoods

2. Site Sponsor

Re: HBCers have Instagram??

Will check it out!

I know there will be lots of naysayers on this thread....haha. But for those not on it or with an interest it is 100 times better than Facebook. Just simply follow individuals and see the photos they post. I follow numerous hunting and fishing ones....as well as a few kind of attractive female celebrities. Also follow some tackle and hunting supply companies....it's good to just check out lots of pics while killing some time.

WAY better than having to read through Facebook statuses from "friends" who post up every time their kid takes a crap or every time your "friend" moves 10 feet!

Just remember guys. Anything that goes out onto the interweb stays on the interweb. The anti's patrol it just looking for things to latch onto. Personally I love IG. I think it's a great way to show our side of the story to people that might be on the fence about hunting. Keep it classy and prepare for the odd death threat from someone who hasn't been within 500k of a wolf or a bear and it can be a good waste of time.

Hahha you got that right MB_boy!!!! I just follow other hunters and fly fishing etc, pretty awesome when I get leupold optics, browning firearms and these large company's asking to use photos for their pages, also kuiu, sitkagear, solo hunter etc! Pretty awesome to chat with all these people in the industry and meet them. The wild sheep foundation has a great page as well. It's not for everyone but the ease of posting pictures and editing them had me sold! See yah on there bud. I still try to post on this forum when I get them time to load pictures into my laptop then photobucket then the forum to share my hints with all the guys and gals

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkogButt View Post
    Just remember guys. Anything that goes out onto the interweb stays on the interweb. The anti's patrol it just looking for things to latch onto. Personally I love IG. I think it's a great way to show our side of the story to people that might be on the fence about hunting. Keep it classy and prepare for the odd death threat from someone who hasn't been within 500k of a wolf or a bear and it can be a good waste of time.
    Yah already delt with that over my two wolves I got!! One last August and this August I got another!! A year apart from each other! We are going to have to deal with antis forever, it won't stop me from showing my passion for hunting and the way I was raised! I use to been on this forum when I was a kid, 303british, but then I heard a few guys panicking about the interweb and guys hating the bs on the forum like Steven Dana etc old school hbcers that use to post the best of the best, so I hid in the closet about my hunting passion also, then realized wtf am I doing; I need to share these amazing adventures and hunts!! Haha by the way check Steves photos on Instagram they are nothing but amazing!!!! Please don't be scared to share and hide in the closet you guys! Bigskogbutt is right, keep it classy -Cheers
    Last edited by Backwoods; 09-22-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Yah already delt with that over my two wolves I got!! One last August and this August I got another!! A year apart from each other! We are going to have to deal with antis forever, it won't stop me from showing my passion for hunting and the way I was raised!
    Me either! Anti's will be anti's pretty much no matter what. It's the fence sitters we have to get on our side though. When the vote comes down, we will need all the help we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Will check it out!

I know there will be lots of naysayers on this thread....haha. But for those not on it or with an interest it is 100 times better than Facebook. Just simply follow individuals and see the photos they post. I follow numerous hunting and fishing ones....as well as a few kind of attractive female celebrities. Also follow some tackle and hunting supply companies....it's good to just check out lots of pics while killing some time.

WAY better than having to read through Facebook statuses from "friends" who post up every time their kid takes a crap or every time your "friend" moves 10 feet!
    Careful, be very careful I knew MB_Boy was a internet lurker, we just need to know what the MB stands for

I think I am already following you! But I'll search to make sure, I'm @huntersunion.ca posting pics of my work (skull cleaning) and hunting adventures around BC
    European Mount Taxidermy and Dermestid Beetle Skull Cleaning located in Salmon Arm BC.
    Serving hunters, taxidermists, collectors, educational facilities, pet owners, farmers... Drop off or ship in, specializing in large game animals.
    www.huntersunion.ca
    www.facebook.com/huntersunion
    or on Instagram.
    Call 250-832-5508 for more info.

I would be very careful with Instagram. Many do not realize that adding hashtags to posts make it public to everybody. All they have to do is search that #"text". Very bad for anti's and personal privacy. Let's face it, not everybody is going to look like Eva Shockey or become a professional hunter. Hell even if you had the same size man boobs you would be fortunate to be sponsored by Lucky lager. Hell that would be the least they could do for giving you beer boobs.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

@cageyhunter

I keep it separate from all other parts of my life.

I suppose if someone worked really hard they may be able to trace it back to me. But they'd have to be pretty determined.

Not many shots where you can see my face in them either.

I don't hide that I hunt. I just prefer to be in charge of where the conversation will occur and with whom. Ideally not on something I enjoy like Instagram and with some crazy that I have no idea if it is even worth having the conversation.

In face to face life I tell anyone if I think it fits the conversation or worth bringing up. My hockey team is getting a ton of mileage out of my upcoming goat hunt. I am actually amazed at the variations of "mounting a goat" jokes they can come up with. But my hairdresser, people at my gym, co-workers, friends etc. none of them do we hold back.

AND we are right in the heart of Vancouver...amazing how many city folk are totally fine with it. I have yet to run into anyone in my circles who wasn't at least respectful and most are interested and supportive. And trust me, I am pretty city boy when I am in the city. Flip the switch about the time we hit Abby on our way to the lake.

See? All city people aren't bad.

For the reasons mentioned above. I really enjoy sharing pic and viewing other pics. I just prefer to keep the BS in my online life down to a dull roar.