Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help for 7-14 moose draw?

Help for 7-14 moose draw?

So I'm heading to 7-14 oct 1st for me+dad 2 weeks and rest 1 week with 4 or 5 hunting partners and have never hunted this area before (used to always used to go to 7-34).I've been looking over maps and narrowed it down to camping either down the 300 road near docs lake or w Creek road near tincs lake. I'm the only one with an leh draw so I was just wondering if either one of these areas would be better for deer hunting for the majority my hunting group who don't have moose leh. I'm ok with just picking an area and trying it out but my dad wants me to try and get more information.any information would be greatly appreciated but if you don't think I've posted enough to deserve it than just don't post.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help for 7-14 moose draw?

Hey dude i'm in your shoes 11 years down the road. Do you have any advice if you're still around?

Looks like he hasn't been active for a while. I got a bull draw for 7 - 14 this year and was looking for any insight as well.

You’re just have to go test the waters. Might be a scarce find but enough money can find you success. ��
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna.jordan View Post
    Looks like he hasn't been active for a while. I got a bull draw for 7 - 14 this year and was looking for any insight as well.
    I'll be in 7-14 this year myself hunting moose with a guy from work! I told him I'd call a moose in for him! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

We'll be ok. Just thought maybe someone had hunted there in the past and no longer does and had some useful input. I'll be hitting it hard regardless.

Moosin', that sounds awesome! Good luck out there! ��

It’s a big area, close to Prince George and fort st James (I can be in 7-14 in 20 minutes from my house)so it’s pretty busy on the weekends. But there’s moose around. Not really known for huge numbers of deer, but if you’re not picky odds are alright. Tons of black bears, and if you see any wolves, please shoot em. Good luck, have a fun fun hunt. Any questions shoot me a PM and I’ll answer if I can.

Thinking about it for a moment I’d probably camp at great beaver lake.

Thanks for the comments gents.

Quote Originally Posted by barry1974w View Post
    Thinking about it for a moment I’d probably camp at great beaver lake.
    high traffic area...... id head back behind docs road area, get off the roads, use google maps, find water, old cuts, with tough access, hike in.... lots of moose around, but you need to "hunt" .. you put boots on the ground, time out of vehicle and atvs .... you will find moose, pre rut sept 20-25 giv eor take, best calling time... then they are with cows, can still call in the smaller bulls.

good luck
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!