Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for 7-14 moose draw?

Re: Help for 7-14 moose draw?

Also elk in the area to hunt (6pt) , again hike, call, hunt.
    decent deer numbers.
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

Just a heads up but there is gonna be a ton of pipe line trucks around. The 300 was pretty busy last year with guys prepping the area for camps and widening the roads. I haven't been out there yet this year but I can only assume that this will be the case. I would have a good truck radio for traveling around back there as well. That being said, getting up in to the Jumping Lake area might be an idea. I was in there a couple years ago and we could not get our trucks in but could get in with quads. Good spot and good fishing. Be safe.Good luck. 2tins.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightmag View Post
    high traffic area...... id head back behind docs road area, get off the roads, use google maps, find water, old cuts, with tough access, hike in.... lots of moose around, but you need to "hunt" .. you put boots on the ground, time out of vehicle and atvs .... you will find moose, pre rut sept 20-25 giv eor take, best calling time... then they are with cows, can still call in the smaller bulls.

good luck
    great beaver is high traffic, but it’s central with lots of good areas within a short drive. Docs is good, but lots of pipeline stuff going on out there. But that being said, moose are where you find them.

Quote Originally Posted by lightmag View Post
    high traffic area...... id head back behind docs road area, get off the roads, use google maps, find water, old cuts, with tough access, hike in.... lots of moose around, but you need to "hunt" .. you put boots on the ground, time out of vehicle and atvs .... you will find moose, pre rut sept 20-25 giv eor take, best calling time... then they are with cows, can still call in the smaller bulls.

good luck
    nice advice