Thread: Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only

Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only

Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only

So I was wondering if any of you guys are using this pack frame and if so what pack are you using with it. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Frame and Harness Only

Used it for 9 years still going strong, going next week for bear..grizzly..and moose..it is a great pack frame never cracked ripped or broke..it even starred in a 4 second walk on appearance on Wild TV..lol with bear tied to it

I think it's the guide outfitter bag..design is good but bag is heavy..this unit brought over 100 pounds out including sheep head, cape.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Last edited by srupp; 09-18-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Mine's had a few trips to the seamstress, particularly the pad that sits between your shoulder blades. Broken buckles, straps etc. It's a bit twisted and also lost a few bolts over the years.

Has the outfitter bag. Overall, for the price, a pretty good pack.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Mine is still going strong after 8 years or so. Plenty of big elk hind quarters packed out. Paint is flaking and have repaired a seam or two with a heavy needle and spider wire I keep in my kit. Creaks a little but great bang for your buck as I'm not particularly gentle with my gear.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

I have two of them.
    Bought my original with the pack bag that comes with them. But I now use a Tatonka Lastenkraxe bag on it. I can do 7 day backpack hunts with this combination and it works great.

Thanks guys, so far so good....I appreciate the information

Part of your 15 minutes of fame no doubt lol.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Used it for 9 years still going strong, going next week for bear..grizzly..and moose..it is a great pack frame never cracked ripped or broke..it even starred in a 4 second walk on appearance on Wild TV..lol with bear tied to it

I think it's the guide outfitter bag..design is good but bag is heavy..this unit brought over 100 pounds out including sheep head, cape.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Recently bought the Cabela's pack frame and am fairly impressed, especially considering the money I spent on it, $129 on sale. It has a lot of the features of the Tatonka frame and carries loads fairly well. A huge step up from their older packs with the noisy aluminum pins and cotter rings.

I bought it as a workhorse meat hauler, so have no intention of taking it sheep hunting, though it could prolly fit that roll with an appropriate size bag attached.