Thread: I deserve to be teased

I deserve to be teased

I took my weeman to the range today cause i wanted to see how he would handle the noise, whuch was a lot better than expected.

Then we went over to the archery range to show him how daddy's xbow works. He insisted that I try for the 40yrds 3D target which was a ram and holy crap i hit it in the middle of kill zone. Yay me. But then i tried for a send shot well............ how do I restring a cross bow

I was too excited when I made first shot that forgot bolt for second shot that, luckily nothing broke but string came off one side.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I deserve to be teased

Be sure to give you Xbow a very thorough examination, better yet, have a professional look it over. You can never be too safe. And ya, we all do stupid things. Some just cost more than others.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

No way ! Forgot the bolt? And with a witness ! At least it was a safe discharge.

Okay there is your tease, your welcome

I am not very experienced with a compound bow, half distracted the first time grabbing it out of the case this year, very nonchalant, I promptly sent the first arrow high over the target.
    Oh yeah, supposed to use the top pin not the bottom one.
    We all have 'moments' to bring us back into focus
    Last edited by boxhitch; 09-15-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I was able to restring my xbow withd a video that was suggested for me to watch. The vid was this one:
    https://youtu.be/-zWUFfO6UqU

I would definitely double check the limbs for cracks, can use a cotton ball. If it's an Excalibur like the one on the video then it's a lot less likely to be damaged compared to a compound x-bow.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Yes my xbow is a excalibur axiom smf. Recurve not compound.

Do a good once over with a cottonball as mentioned, check the tips as often they crack or break off and then do a once over of all the bolts and such. If the string was a stock one and not a Flemish you should be fine. You 'can' dry fire an excal with no damage but definitely not recommended!

Change your string before you shoot it again ... the stress you just caused it most likely broke a strand or 2 ...

Take it to a reputable shop ... Not Wholesale ... not Cabelas ... but an actual archery shop as if its half assed decent the tech there would know what to look for and how ... the cotton ball idea is not a bad start but is not the end all and be all
    .. a good tech will measure the deflection of your limbs properly as internal breakage can happen but the shell of the limb is still smooth, be a decent idea to check the rail as well
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask