Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the grouse?

Re: Where are all the grouse?

Not a biologist but have been told wet springs impact the broods big time as they are susceptible to pneumonia
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I've only seen one in the Tumbler Ridge area on the road I travel to one of my fishing spots. It's usually good for seeing a couple each way on each trip. I've only seen the one this year, but have only been out once as well.

Usually lots of rabbits too, but haven't seen any at all.

I've been meaning to see if it's possible for me to get an out of province licence for BC to hunt upland birds and coyote. It'd be nice to toss a rifle or shotgun in the cab during my fall fishing trips.

got 5 grouse and a hare this weekend. Another guy I know got 6 over the weekend
    seems like a good start to me....
    Last edited by hoochie; 09-12-2016 at 07:26 PM.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

They all flew over to reg 8! I've been in the hills three times this season and seen lots of grouse. I bagged 4 yesterday but saw over 15 total, a mix of blues and ruffys.

Last year was great to, but I never had a .22 or .410 with me so I missed out on a whack of em. I can't wait to get more.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

You know guys, all this bragging ain't true unless there's pictures to back them up....

Went out again in region 8 in a different area than i normally do. Walked/drove for 3 hours and saw a single grouse that took off before I could get out of the cab. Looks like ill have to deal with less baked grouse this season.

I am in PG for the week. Seen quite a few in the couple dhort trips I made close to town. Unfortunately I only have my bow anf they have been hunted hard. They take to the wing immediately and head to the dense stuff.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Seen a couple dozen north of chetwynd.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Not a biologist but have been told wet springs impact the broods big time as they are susceptible to pneumonia
    You are correct and june is very important. Dry June equals chick survival which equals a good fall. June was not that good in a lot of areas this year.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Saw grouse all summer, I bought 10 grouse tags and intend to fill them all!!!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!