Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnniklz Hunting 2016

Re: Warnniklz Hunting 2016

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    On our way home, my truck wasn't shifting into third and kept slipping out of gear when it did try to shift. I tried to limp it to town, but I was pulling a hill and ended up blowing my belt and took out my waterpump. No water pump and no tranny... rough estimate was $2500 to fix. This was already tranny number two. So tow truck called, told them to keep it.

Posted the red alert here and the rest is history. Now I'm on the hunt for a new truck. I did get to show B-Rad a band of bighorns and some awesome fishing. So that's a positive. Next hunt will hopefully be for bighorns come October.
    Interesting. That looks like a Dakota which is one of the vehicles I've been considering purchasing to replace my 94 Hilux Surf once it sells. Hmm. 2nd tranny you say?!
    "How, given the canine teeth and close-set eyes that declare the human animal to be a predator, had we come up with the notion that oat bran is more natural to eat than chicken?" Valerie Martin, The Great Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    Interesting. That looks like a Dakota which is one of the vehicles I've been considering purchasing to replace my 94 Hilux Surf once it sells. Hmm. 2nd tranny you say?!
    yeah second one. The tow truck driver has two other dakotas with pooched trannys and a durango with a blown motor. To be fair, I don't drive her nice.

Great pics and story. Sorry about the truck. Thanks for posting. Any goats in those hills?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Garbage dump may have been a g/o camp in the past ?

Looks like a nice truck just to give up on. Who rebuilt the tranny ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    Great pics and story. Sorry about the truck. Thanks for posting. Any goats in those hills?
    Nothing spotted where I was. Spent a lot of time looking at white rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post

Looks like a nice truck just to give up on. Who rebuilt the tranny ?
    #1 - it says dodge... so no
    #2 - injectors keep shorting out
    #3 - to replace headlights $400
    #5 - waterpump $300
    #6 - signals were intermttent. Replaced all the fuses and relays. I just tie it in with all the electrical issues
    #7 - transmission NOPE!
    #8 - needed new driverside window assembly

A buddy of mine dropped the transmission into it a couple years back. Motor had 290,000 on it. This tranny had a 130,000 on it. Even if I fixed everything, I'd be lucky to get $2500 bucks for it. Plus I'd have to take time off work and spend gas money on hauling it back.

So I'm not really giving up on much. Did lose my latest Lamb Of God album and a cooler... which makes me sad.

Good batch of pics bud, beauty country! Will be following ��

Nice country.Too bad about your ride.What no pics of the park ranger?You make posting pics look easy.I still struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    We were a 4 hour hike back, we decided to stop and have a quick bite to eat. Just as we finished our lunch, the cutest park ranger I've seen came along.......

Between it being quiet and B-Rad's knee problems flaring up, we decided to follower her out.
    Sure...THAT's the reason you "followed" her out
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Sure...THAT's the reason you "followed" her out
    Well... you know... she didn't help the argument on going further

Looks like a great adventure!

Great pictures!!

I was also hoping to see a picture of a cute park ranger.

(The last one I met (at Robson this Aug) was living in a camper full of dogs, cats, rabbits, rats and mice. She was CO2ing the small animals and feeding them to the bigger ones and sleeping on the floor of the camper....Whackadooo!)