Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Region 2 president's report

1899 Guest

Re: Region 2 president's report

IMHO too few people show up to meetings and to AGMs. They pay their dues and think everything should be done for them perfectly, as they want it to be done. There is a very, very low level of hands on involvement. Get a couple of guys and gals together, sign up friends and family, make sure they all show up for the vote and bingo, you have a stacked board pushing an agenda. That could not happen if hundreds or thousands of involved, passionate people showed up for the vote. People in general - and I certainly put myself in that category - had no idea of what was going on with respect to the allocation fiasco until it was too late. Same thing here.

The minority of hunters and outdoor enthusiasts who had been working for ALL of our benefit for years had to carry the burden of negotiations and actions. Then all of the sudden everything was a big deal and everyone was on board. Again, I am as guilty as the +++90% of you. So get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post

IMO, closing this thread accomplishes nothing. We have problems, and they need to be fixed. This is a call out to all members to get to their clubs, voice your concerns, and most importantly, vote.
    Yes we have problems and continuing to air dirty laundry in public is not helping.
    I am shocked that the current leadership of BCWF does not understand that this accomplishes nothing.
    Proving who is right and who is wrong accomplishes nothing.
    Only alienates people who would possibly support it.
    Leadership is about bridging, uniting and mending, not dividing.
    Leave the past in the past.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 09-07-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Whonnock, you might want to change your avatar signature from "I'm right. You're wrong." if you want to convey the ability to work with other folks.

Unfortunately, that is precisely the attitude I've encountered when I've interacted with higher levels of the BCWF.

In my experience, cops, lawyers and committee members all like a good disagreement better than collaborative accomplishment. I don't, so I avoid all three as much as possible.

Very true albravo2!
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

I understand where you are coming from, but please understand where I am coming from, and why I have posted this. I made this decision, and no one else. Anyone of our members is allowed to see it, share it, and talk about it with whomever they wish. I chose to share it with everyone I can to raise awareness, and promote change which you, myself, and others wish to see.

Several members of the region 2 board have come to the conclusion that this years AGM will either make it, or break it. On three separate occasions it has been suggested to the board that we seek mediation to settle our differences. Financial help was even offered from the Provincial body. The most recent attempt was this summer when Mr. Milligan reached out to our current VP Mark McDonald. No reply. IMO, they have given us no choice, leaving us with an us versus them mentality. We are done attempting to mend fences.

Last years AGM had an attendance of maybe 50 people, and that included guest speakers. This out of a membership base of close to 15,000 in the region. I encourage you to get out to your club, voice your concerns, vote if needed, attend the AGM, and become involved. Short of that, we will remain a region without purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Yes we have problems and continuing to air dirty laundry in public is not helping.
    I am shocked that the current leadership of BCWF does not understand that this accomplishes nothing.
    Proving who is right and who is wrong accomplishes nothing.
    Only alienates people who would possibly support it.
    Leadership is about bridging, uniting and mending, not dividing.
    Leave the past in the past.
    Last edited by Whonnock Boy; 09-07-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Funny... Have not looked at that in a while. IIRC it was a dig at someone in jest. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Whonnock, you might want to change your avatar signature from "I'm right. You're wrong." if you want to convey the ability to work with other folks.

Unfortunately, that is precisely the attitude I've encountered when I've interacted with higher levels of the BCWF.

In my experience, cops, lawyers and committee members all like a good disagreement better than collaborative accomplishment. I don't, so I avoid all three as much as possible.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Words of wisdom albravo.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I have read and re-read Phillip's Letter. While he clearly he has bias, everyone does. It is irrelevant. He states facts, responded to the wishes of the member in publishing the letter, offers alternatives and appears to be trying to work within the BCWF Constitution to find a soluntion. In short, I can see his motivations, goals and wishes for the Region.

I would like to here the other side. In a clear and forthright post, can some one explain what the goal or purpose was of holding an impromptu meeting after the official one was cancelled? What was hoped for by appointing a suspended member to a committee and to the board after these positions were already filled? I am honestly trying to see both sides, but only one has provided facts while the other provides "opinions." What is the main reason for the opposition against Phillip, beyond what appears to be a personal conflict?
    Last edited by Mulehahn; 09-07-2016 at 07:49 PM.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Folks, if you can't show up to a meeting or write a post without the future of fish, wildlife, and habitat conservation, or hunting and fishing as a focal point you've missed the mark. There are enough ppl who would love to do be out extracting resources, getting rid of visible expenses like fish/wildlife, or banning hunting and fishing - those ppl don't need help.

To be frank to have someone like Allen M walk should be triggering alarm bells and everyone at that table should be questioning themselves and their approach.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Jesse one member, no matter how popular, does not make a board:
    However it is a problem when you have 7 resignations in 18 months:
    All people involved in out reach activities of the Board:
    All kept their mouths shut and did not vent on any public forum.
    In December Region 2 has its AGM and two things need to happen:
    Region 2 delegates and members need to show up and step up
    Provincial Politics need to be left at the door.
    It's time to focus on Region 2 by taking feed back from its board members, club executives and members.... And no one else!
    Every day in the bush is a day you get back from the Reaper!

VGC
    SVRGC
    BCWF