Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Morning 2016

Re: Opening Morning 2016

Nice shoot. Didnt do good on our opener sunday the winter wheat grew too tall with the rain. Went for a solo hunt today on another field. First time using my new sx3 20 gauge on geese and its more than enough. 7/8 2 shot had them belly up.3 for 4. shots around 25-30 yards. Homemade silos worked good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEZYT View Post
    Nice shoot. Didnt do good on our opener sunday the winter wheat grew too tall with the rain. Went for a solo hunt today on another field. First time using my new sx3 20 gauge on geese and its more than enough. 7/8 2 shot had them belly up.3 for 4. shots around 25-30 yards. Homemade silos worked good as well.
    those homemade soup look pretty sharp! Care to share the details?
    Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
    Having an opinion is kind of like having a penis. It's fine that you have one, and its fine that I have one, but you don't see me trying to cram mine down your throat.....

Nice haul!.......

Nice shoots! Those homemade deeks look good. I cut out about 20 out of chloroplast years ago but still haven't gotten around to painting them. And ill second you on the 20 gauge, my sister never had a problem dropping them with 7/8's #2's.

Longshot jr.

Thanks! Only the brown looking feeder ones are the homemade ones. I do have a dozen real geese silos in there as well as you can see. My dad/cousin hunted over just the chloroplast ones today and had 7 geese in 7 shots. Said they didnt circle at all just cupped in as pairs and singles. Get 20 out of a 4x8 sheet of chloroplast. Can find it in black and then you only need flat white/tan/brown paint. For stakes i cut H shaped stakes out of the fencing you see around construction sites. they are so easy to put in the ground and to carry/pick up. Ill be making more this season.

Great job Bill. How did the gun work?

Looks like a great morning. Enjoy the eats
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Gun working perfectly with everything except target loads which jam. I'm hoping that it was just dirty baked on grease that the original owner failed to clean up. I guess I won't know until the temps drop back down to -6 again.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

SLEEZYT - Your homemades look great! Would you mind posting a close-up or two of them, including the H shaped stakes? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEZYT View Post
    Thanks! Only the brown looking feeder ones are the homemade ones. I do have a dozen real geese silos in there as well as you can see. My dad/cousin hunted over just the chloroplast ones today and had 7 geese in 7 shots. Said they didnt circle at all just cupped in as pairs and singles. Get 20 out of a 4x8 sheet of chloroplast. Can find it in black and then you only need flat white/tan/brown paint. For stakes i cut H shaped stakes out of the fencing you see around construction sites. they are so easy to put in the ground and to carry/pick up. Ill be making more this season.