Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP!! Broadheads hit 3" lower than field points

Re: HELP!! Broadheads hit 3" lower than field points

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    I had the older guy, pretty sure he's the owner, at Hardcore archery check over the bow and tuning and everything and measured the draw weight when I was getting the new arrows setup and he didn't find anything wrong, the only thing I've adjusted since then is increased the bow weight, so with increasing the bow weight should I have adjusted the cams or anything else when I screwed the limb bolts in more? I didn't see this mentioned in the manual anywhere so I just turned the limb bolts in 1.5 turns each which according to the manual should be about 4.5 lbs (was 56lbs when at Hardcore so should be right around the 60lb mark now) and didn't touch anything else but maybe the manual neglected to mention needing to adjust other things at the same time?
    Make sure it was Ken(the owner without grey hair) and not Chuck that checked it over.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    I always paper tune with fletches on as thats how there used in the field but bare shafts work also. My buddy bare shafts when he paper tunes and it works for him. I think the OP may have an arrow spine issue if he has cranked his bow up since buying his arrows and 150 grain broadheads add alot of length to arrow overall compared to his field tips? Hard to diagnose this kind of thing over the internet!!! Can just throw out suggestions to him from our experiences.
    I believe I was at the low end of the range for those arrows, I believe they were rated 60 to 75 lbs, I'm only just 60 now with it maxed out. How much difference does broad head weight make? I just looked at the charts on the Victory Archery website and with 100gr or 125gr points I could likely have gotten away with 400 spine instead of the 350 so I don't think spine would be the problem?

How long are your arrows from the valley of the nock to end of the carbon?

Here is a list of things to look for:

Bow timing at brace
    Cam synch at full draw
    Arrow spine for lbs and tip weight
    Arrow contacting something on the bow after release, fletches hitting something.
    Nock to tight on serving
    Nock being pinched by Dloop
    Centre shot correct
    Berger hole to arrow alignment
    Draw length proper
    Proper bow grip ( not holding it like your choking a chicken )
    Proper form on release
    String rubbing hard on your face at full draw