Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Re: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Hello Guys,

I am the Canadian rep for KUIU.

Jason and I are well aware of the issues Canadians face when ordering KUIU. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of gear long before I was ever involved with KUIU and can relate first hand with the duties and exchange rate.

The KUIU Canada E-shop website is set to launch in the next month or so. This has taken alot longer than expected but I assure you, we are diligently working on it. This website will alleviate any surprise duty charges and you will be paying in Canadian funds. No more surprises! I am travelling through BC for the next couple weeks to allow Canadian customers the chance to view,touch and get fitted. All orders at the show will receive 15% off and orders over $200.00 will receive a free KUIU Canada t-shirt. All locations,dates,details and times are under the events tab on our Facebook page KUIU (CA) If you have any questions please feel free to email me at dallasc@kuiu.com

Taxes are what they are, and duty protects Canadian producers who can't compete with slave-labor pricing.

It's nobody's fault you didn't know the actual cost of what you're purchasing.

Be more upset about paying $400 US for a made-in-china jacket. That's a hell of a margin for the brand owner!

This gear gets hit with duty when it comes into the US originally. Then it gets hit with duty again as it comes from US to Canada. They need a direct from China to Canada solution to keep it reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoShooter View Post
    Taxes are what they are, and duty protects Canadian producers who can't compete with slave-labor pricing.

It's nobody's fault you didn't know the actual cost of what you're purchasing.

Be more upset about paying $400 US for a made-in-china jacket. That's a hell of a margin for the brand owner!
    Well said. There are plenty of duty calculators available on the web, no need for hidden surprises.

i thought kuiu was made in vancouver?

Oh, NO, that is a major issue with Hairston and his crew. He STARTED Kuiu with a Vancouver-made deal, which certainly would appeal to serious mountain hunters and THEN, very quietly moved his manufacturing to, "quelle surprise" CHINA!!!! He also sold some gear as made here in Vancity when it was made in the PRC.

At that point, some of us with rather extensive BC-AB mountain experience decided that "Kuiu" was NOT for us and I would not buy ANY of his highly-hyped gear for that reason. I also find the recent obsession with "kewl" very costly hunting clothing simply amusing as GOOD duds that WORK well in shitty mountain conditions is available for far less $$$$ and trendy camo is there to sell stuff to gullible hunters.

I have clothing, bought 30 years ago, made in the USA and here, used only for hunting that still works as well as I wish my almost 71 year old bod still did. I buy THE BEST in tents, sleeping gear, optics, boots and packs, but, prefer mostly dull, earthtones and simple hunting clothes.

One of the BEST hunters I know wears mostly woolens his wife gets from Sally Anne and Value Village and he has shot more HUGE elk than anyone else I know.....by himself, hunting hard and staying fit........

spend over 200 get free t shirt, wow, lmao

i want the 2 person mtn tent but spending close to $1000 including duty scares me aware

I don't mind spending money on something if it's high quality and made somewhere I know people are making decent wages. At some point our morals need to take precedent over how cheap you can get something. With the weak dollar and the huge duties on things not made in North America this stuff seems like way too much money for something made in China but if it was made in the USA or Canada or (insert Country without a history of sweatshops) the big price tag is much easier to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    i want the 2 person mtn tent but spending close to $1000 including duty scares me aware
    for that cost you could get a hille, which will be much better anyways