Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Re: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Is it not made in the USA?

My Kuiu Cahuga rain pants ripped sliding down a snowy hillside. snagged a rock so can't really complain about that but the matching jacket is delaminating in numerous spots. First Lite Stormtight is a little heavier and so far works well, really like the hood.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Kuiu Canada has a instragram account and seem to be traveling the country with their gear.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Kuiu is made in China, Duty will be charged. In my opinion, they are bringing out too many different items. Jason Hairston is definitely a smart dude but I think he is slowly messing it up. The business model is supposed to be direct to consumer, no middle man, no frills. Well I got a fancy little catalogue in the mail the other day, which I'm sure a lot of you received as well. That thing would have cost a fortune to produce and distribute to all the customers past and present. Things like that are just costs passed down to the consumer. No thanks, I won't buy Kuiu again. Kifaru is getting my gear money these days and I'm just wearing hiking clothes.

There is so much high quality gear out there (I own some Kuiu rain pants - not impressed with the durability but breathabiliry and comfort was great). Arcteryx gear is the best I have tried. I work in the bush and wear different gear for that - low tech and durable. When I hunt, I want good breathable clothing, when I work I want to be dry. Gortex vs Stuff. Buy what works for what you need. A sheep hunt is different than a moose hunt and the clothes should reflect that. It is nice to wear great gear though! Screw the old jeans and flannel approach. It was uncomfortable then and still is now.

Quote Originally Posted by donny.brooke View Post
    If you call Dallas Kota he will give you 15% off your order. Not sure about the Canadian website? Maybe Dallas could let us know whats up with that?
    Emailed and no discount, Dallas said that had ended

Thats crappy as he told me discounts for canadian customers were going to be avilable all the time to help offset the duty? Without that discount the gear is way to expensive. Im glad I got my gear already. Gf works at Wholesale so I get pretty good discount there.

Yep was looking at spending some coin but will have to look hard at it now

Ha ha ha. Man you gotta love the effort they put into their Canadian customer. What happened to the Canadian website(which did nothing btw)? Oh yeah, Jason woke up and realized he didn't give a shit lol. I have some of their gear and like it, but man they really are missing the mark these days. Got too big too fast, forgot about why people buy their gear(it's supposed to be a cheap option).

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
    Ha ha ha. Man you gotta love the effort they put into their Canadian customer. What happened to the Canadian website(which did nothing btw)? Oh yeah, Jason woke up and realized he didn't give a shit lol. I have some of their gear and like it, but man they really are missing the mark these days. Got too big too fast, forgot about why people buy their gear(it's supposed to be a cheap option).
    What he said......
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost