Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Re: Kuiu Gear and prohibitive customs duties and charges....

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    You got me!!

Just bought the timberline pants and jacket

pants $255 CAD
    jacket $383 cad
    + tax
    +shipping
    =669 Cad

compared to
    kuiu alpine pant? $195 Cad
    kuiu guide jacket? $263 CAd
    +tax and duty
    +shipping free
    =510$

SITKA free returns, no boarder or duty, helping pay a friends wage, dealing with a company that cares about their CAnadian market= Priceless and a lot less painful
    To be fair, you aren't comparing similar items. Same with your rain gear comparison. I use stuff from both companies, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Both are china made stuff. Just like most stuff.

Good Point! just like you stated- Tough to compare when you can't touch KUIU!!!! I would have ordered the Alpine pants and guide jacket and Kuiu rain gear expecting something else, and been disappointed again. When you look online at material weight and how many layers etc it looks the same.

IM not saying KUIU is no good, just got burned once and don't feel like trying to again.

I think guys saying not being able to try things on and feel them first doesn't mean they are saying KUIU is bad clothing.

Just that the business model doesn't work for their style of buying gear.

Not sure why it needs to turn into a which company is better debate...well other than that seems to be theme on all conversations KUIU.

It is not like we are responsible to dress each other each morning. Each person can make their own choice, they sure as heck don't need some dude or dudette calling them out on on the internet.

Well. except for Gatehouse, he is responsible for changing diapers around here. Much to his chagrin I assume. So stop pooping in your pants people.

**Looks at Lord Winchster Chokinghaminstein Edinburgh Single Shot Duke of Pump Action Prince Twenty Dram or whatever the heck his handle is.**

PS - yes, I trolled the thread, so I am responsible for the latest firing up of the KUIU fans. I thought my sarcasm would've been noted. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastcar View Post
    PS - yes, I trolled the thread, so I am responsible for the latest firing up of the KUIU fans. I thought my sarcasm would've been noted. My bad.
    I thought it was funny.

Well Kuiu no longer offers the 20% discount and I don't see any Canadian outlet. Anybody know if they are still looking at helping Canadians buy there gear ?

They still do but not like it matters now, seems like there was a price increase on everything.

wonder what happened to their kuiu canada website that was supposed to be up and running in april?? more lies?

If you call Dallas Kota he will give you 15% off your order. Not sure about the Canadian website? Maybe Dallas could let us know whats up with that?

Does 15% cover the overseas mark up? Dont own any Kuiu gear, have a HH rain jacket is it better than that? Pants I wear the Prana Zion which are pretty comfy. curious how Kuiu compares to regular stuff or what makes it better.. Not trolling here just want to know if its a fad or...?
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Duty is 18% so the 15% isnt really covering it. Then exchange and taxes makes it sting a bit nowadays.