Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuckars Region 3 ..

Re: Chuckars Region 3 ..

We moved to Reg 3 between Kamloops and Cache and I really love this country, but I have not had alot of time to scout yet. I am going to get out next week end for 3 days and will hopefully have some luck finding some birds. The is my pups second season and I am really looking forward to it. I would like to find birds but Chukars and Blues are my focus.

3-32 west Pavilion Rd blues and other grouse will be found on that road and any side roads heading towards the timber. Chukars can be seen on the west Pavilion Rd at times but are found more so in the sage around the river

There is locations closer to you but I don't know them personally

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_River View Post
    We moved to Reg 3 between Kamloops and Cache and I really love this country, but I have not had alot of time to scout yet. I am going to get out next week end for 3 days and will hopefully have some luck finding some birds. The is my pups second season and I am really looking forward to it. I would like to find birds but Chukars and Blues are my focus.

You're in a great area. Three of us bagged out on blues and ruffies after 6 hours a bit east of you. They are there but you need to get out of the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    You're in a great area. Three of us bagged out on blues and ruffies after 6 hours a bit east of you. They are there but you need to get out of the truck.
    I'm a foot hunter and my young setter sure covers some ground and is a bird finder. Thanks for the encouragement !

I don't think you would have much luck truck hunting chukars......cagey little buggers. Had luck above the dump at the end of Kamloops lake and above Wallachian in the past.

We used to hunt them in Walhachin but have to walk lots. Haven't been there for last couple of years tho.

Make sure your dog has boots... lots of cactus in that country