Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuckars Region 3 ..

Re: Chuckars Region 3 ..

I can't make it work at all. I am headed out the old fashion way to 5-2 and 5-13 with maps, fuel and boot leather. I hope I can find some Sharptail and get my young Setter into some birds. I promised him. Leaving in a few days. Oct 1st I am headed to Montana for a few weeks of Sharpies, Huns and Pheasant.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Dog_River

Quote Originally Posted by steelslinger View Post
    http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/ greatest thing ever... Once you figure it out.

Good luck out there. Nothing like hunting them with a good dog. I'm considering going out that way for Sharptail as that is one bird i haven't gotten my dog onto you yet..

I spent four days hunting in 5-2 and 5-13, not a single Sharpie and low numbers of Ruffed and Spruce Grouse. I did however shoot some birds over my pup and that was my main focus. The CO I spoke with in 5-2 was not aware there where Sharp Tail in 5-2.

Dog_River

Thanks for the update on your trip. I'm finding grouse numbers low in region 3 this year as well. Mostly singles or doubles, only a couple decent coveys. Looking forward to the Chukar opener here in Kamloops.

Can not wait for chuckar season, in November so insane, have not hunted them early season in October, only late in November, huge coveys

on another note I have seen sharptails in a couple spots around Kamloops, no season for them yet though

saw some sharp tails in 5-2 last week...prolly close to 1/4 of the chickens i saw were sharptails

Yeah Chukar's are my favourite bird to hunt with the dog. I usually wait until November too, to avoid the snakes for the dogs sake. Hoping for a cold snap in October so we can get out there sooner than later...

I spent 3 days last year to see a chuckar in Kamloops, cash creek, Savona,... but no sucsess achived! If anyone can help me to find them I would appreciate it.

Keep looking they are around, not sure anyone's going spill the beans on this one

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadhejri View Post
    I spent 3 days last year to see a chuckar in Kamloops, cash creek, Savona,... but no sucsess achived! If anyone can help me to find them I would appreciate it.

They are kinda like elk lol.
    You gotta do it on your own.