Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuckars Region 3 ..

Chuckars Region 3 ..

I am in Cache Creek tonight and am going to drive around tomorrow Spences Bridge, Lytton, Lilloet. That's a pretty big loop for one day scouting for Chukars. I have some good topo maps but they don't tell me where the Crown land is. I sure don't want to trespass and will stay on the FSR when I do get off the Highway.

Can anyone help me as to how to identify the Crown lands around this area ?

Thanks, Dog_River
    Last edited by Dog_River; 08-24-2016 at 08:58 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chuckars Region 3 ..

Why are you going so far away, they are in your backyard
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Im not from Cache Creek if that is what you mean ? just here looking for chukars.
    Last edited by Dog_River; 08-25-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    Why are you going so far away, they are in your backyard
    Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Dog_River; 08-25-2016 at 06:10 AM.

There is a program called front counter BC its free and easy to make work, it has tutorial tips as you start it up. Open google earth then open front counter BC discovery tool on your internet browser, it tells you everything from FN territory, public, private, crown and all the other land uses, tenures, logging, protected lands. It will tell you down to the metre where you can and cant be.
    As for chukars they take time, it took 5 hard hunts before I figured them out even the slightest bit, its hard hunting, lots of walking, climbing, scrambling and swearing, but when you find them you can hit them hard, last hunt I limited out in 20 minutes.

Thanks for the tips Firstblood. I know how to hunt them as I have hunting quite a bit in the states. I have been trying to figure out imap but for me it does not come easy. I have the "Land Ownership" turned on and "Crown" and Private" turned on as well as roads and waterays. It will show me the ownership beside roads, towns and highways but that's it. I am viewing this at http://maps.gov.bc.ca/ess/sv/imapbc/ not google earth. I tried GE but could not get that do do what I want wanted either. I wish I could just buy a map book showing all this like the states do. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    There is a program called front counter BC its free and easy to make work, it has tutorial tips as you start it up. Open google earth then open front counter BC discovery tool on your internet browser, it tells you everything from FN territory, public, private, crown and all the other land uses, tenures, logging, protected lands. It will tell you down to the metre where you can and cant be.
    As for chukars they take time, it took 5 hard hunts before I figured them out even the slightest bit, its hard hunting, lots of walking, climbing, scrambling and swearing, but when you find them you can hit them hard, last hunt I limited out in 20 minutes.

I would have thought Chukers to be opened earlier in the season. Just looked and they open Oct 1. I have yet to get one of these. They spook easy and are fast critters. Would like to try eating one one day if I can get lucky enough.

They open sept 10 in reg 5.

I agree, iMap is a pain. I have used it for identifying private land in the more settled areas of the province, but it isn't easy. Maybe I will try the frontcounter BC layers & see if I can get it to work.

I've already been doing some homework for a chukar hunt down there in November! They are awesome birds to hunt & eat!

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/ greatest thing ever... Once you figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
    Having an opinion is kind of like having a penis. It's fine that you have one, and its fine that I have one, but you don't see me trying to cram mine down your throat.....